This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Business Assurance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 18/03/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Credit Risk Team sits within MotoNovo’s Risk Function but is deeply embedded in the Aldermore’s market leading Credit Risk business line. The team has a wide scope of work supporting a significant business line and plays a critical role in managing risks and innovative decisioning approaches.
Our team is responsible for developing and maintaining scorecards and other statistical models utilised in the business. You will be required to develop and maintain effective analytical reports – such as credit committee or scorecard monitoring forums – that can be used by the business to make key decisions on areas such as risk. The team operates on a culture of shared learning, creative thinking and creative thinking and proactive support for the business. You must be prepared to embrace this way of working and be an active contributor to the team ethic.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Modelling and Decision Science Manager, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Assist in the development and maintenance of scorecards as and when required, applying technical methods where necessary
- Produce reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to support analyses such as scorecard monitoring, regulatory management information, platform attribution and business/sales performance
- Assist the Credit Analytics management team in handling specific requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of MotoNovo Finance products and services, providing accurate information and proactively promoting them where appropriate
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.), being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
- Treat customers fairly and aim to deliver fair customer outcomes in all of our day-to-day processes.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience in using SAS is essential
- Ability to build and monitor scorecards and / or statistical models is very relevant
- Education to degree level in a STEM subject would be advantageous
- Ability to partner with non-technical stakeholders from across the business is essential
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work in a very collaborative environment
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
- And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.