- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/01/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Working as a member of our Project Delivery Team you will be joining us on a 6 month FTC managing projects with a strong technical focus. This will involve working with in-house technical teams and 3rd party technology partners to deliver high quality, secure, software and applications driven technical solutions ranging from Saas/Cloud computing to in-house software platforms and technology. You will need to manage stakeholders who may be non-technical and be able to translate and communicate technical concepts into everyday language.
The role of Project Manager is really important to us. You will joining us on a 6 month FTC and will be involved in the planning scheduling and management of Software, Data and Applications related projects using either waterfall or agile delivery methods across the whole MotoNovo Finance Business.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Project Delivery Lead and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Work with the business to agree and understand the priority of technical changes and manage the backlog
- Manage the end to end delivery of system changes from requirements definition/user story creation, through build, test and deployment
- Assist the team in removal of impediments to delivery
- Deliver technology projects or technology work streams in business change projects in line with the organisation’s change process
- Identify, track and manage progress, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and changes
- Plan and facilitate all necessary rituals such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives
- Report on progress to stakeholders and other relevant governance forums
- Work with the teams to improve the delivery process
What do we expect of you?
- Proven experience within an IT project management role with a focus on software applications/systems delivery
- Proven ability in the application of agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience of management of 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Able to manage difficult stakeholders and deliver in ambiguous, fast-changing and complex environments
- Sound working knowledge of the project lifecycle including selection of appropriate methodologies and techniques for delivery both agile and waterfall
- Comfortable in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.