- Department / Function Regulatory Risk
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 24/01/2021
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
6-Month Fixed Term Contract x 2
The Information Office manages the delivery and maintenance of the information governance agenda across the business. The Information Office are responsible for ensuring that our data is reliable, understood, useful and trusted for all to use – for customer, operational, management and analytical purposes.
The role of Information Governance Risk Officer is really important to us. You will will support with ensuring that MotoNovo Finance’s data is robust, accurate, consistent, and compliant with Policies and Standards.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager (Data Protection Officer) and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Support business areas to document data usage within the MotoNovo Finance Information Asset Register and support the documentation of Data Lifecycle Management.
- Assisting Data Quality reporting and issues resolution.
- Acting as support for the OneTrust privacy hub platform, ensuring that there is continuous improvement in our approach to protecting personal data.
- Responsible for providing Information Governance & Data Protection advice to enable compliance with necessary regulations. Ensure that prompt and regular communication and support is maintained between all internal and external parties to ensure service levels are maintained at all times, reporting exceptional matters to line management.
- Assist and support with data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and related risk assessments, assisting the business to identify and highlight risks, and enhance controls around information management through co-ordination and involvement in key information management projects.
- Assisting the DPO with the investigation process into potential and actual personal data breaches ensuring identified breaches are documented, well understood and validated in line with Policy. Escalating material issues where necessary.
- Review and assist with MotoNovo Risk Registers, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) reporting and escalating risks where necessary.
- Support training of the organisation for Data Protection and Data Governance.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience working with information governance
- Financial services experience is desirable
- Experience working under regulation
- Strong stakeholder management at all levels
- Able to organise work and manage time effectively
- Able to follow instructions and support on other work where necessary
- Proactive in your approach work and able to think on your feet
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.