- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 17/12/2020
Senior Operations Manager-Collections
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Collections department is ultimately responsible for the minimisation of bad debt and the support and guidance of our customers in financial difficulty. The Senior Operations Manager will support this aim by guiding the day to day operations of the collections team and wider department strategy.
The role of Senior Operations Manager is really important to us. We are looking for that dynamic, driven, highly organised individual, who will lead our Collection Call Centre environment in a busy fast paced environment.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Managing the Inbound Collections team on a daily basis to achieve results, along with line management responsibility for the Inbound Operations Manager
- Enhancing the Company’s reputation by delivering exceptional service and ensuring that a culture of Treating Customers Fairly is embedded within the Collections department and is compliant with the FCA regulations
- Working as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department
- Deputising for the Head of Collections when necessary
- Representing the Collections department at risk committees
- Identifying, addressing and providing solutions for any risks and issues within the department
- Working with a variety of data and MI to contribute to relevant business packs
What do we expect of you?
- Collections experience at management level
- Work experience in a contact centre environment
- Experience with project work and having the ability to think strategically
- The ability to manage and drive change
- Planning and organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- To be able to adapt and cope in fast paced high pressured environment
- People management and people development skills
- To be enthusiastic and result driven
- To be confident in making decisions
Life in the team
The Collections department is our largest in the business so that comes with challenges as well as plenty of opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving change, leading projects and the delivery of new initiatives. This role gives great scope for someone to join the department and make a big difference.
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.