This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Finance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 30/11/2020
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The FP&A team is a high performing, high profile team. We have built credibility through the delivery of high quality analysis, a robust planning cycle and commercially relevant management information that consistently meets the changing demands of the business.
We enjoy frequent exposure to the most senior members of the organization. A high-profile, challenging role, our team thrives in a changing environment and consistently seeks to deliver insightful analysis and support to senior management.
The role of FP&A Manager is really important to us and you will manage a small team with two direct reports.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, CFO, and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- To own the budget and forecasting models used ensuring they are robust, controlled in an appropriate manner and continue to evolve to meet the changing needs of the business.
- To manage the end to end delivery of the annual budgeting process coordinating the preparation of the budget with all key stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach is adopted and presenting the results to senior management of the business. Maintaining strong lines of communication with the central FP&A team of the UK Group throughout. Respond to budget queries in a timely manner from all Group company recipients – Aldermore Bank, FirstRand London Branch and FirstRand.
- To manage the periodic reforecast process and any ad hoc financial forecasting that is required by the business or its parent company.
- Using the financial budgets and forecasts as a baseline take the lead on stress testing to provide the MotoNovo input into MotoNovo’s parent Company key regulatory stress test exercises, notably its ICAAP and ILAAP.
- Act as the linchpin for the financial business partnering requirements of the Company that entail financial forecasting, modelling or financial planning. Lead on any partnering requirements that stem from strategic partnership opportunities or new business initiatives.
- Work closely with the Finance Change Partner to ensure the financial projections included within any formal change requests are prepared with an appropriate level of scrutiny and rigor before being progressed through the change governance channels.
- Manage the delivery of monthly financial MI to the business including, but not limited to, the management accounts, the CFO report and the FRLB Back Book Reporting pack. Ensure the content of the financial MI is complete, accurate and prepared on a timely basis with the content regularly revisited and refreshed as and when needed.
- Attend as a member and contribute to the debate within the MNF Financial Resource Management Committee presenting the monthly position on funding costs. More widely help to further embed the principles of the FirstRand Financial Resource Management framework in day to day processes, financial planning and decision making.
What do we expect of you?
- Must be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA) with PQE gained in a financial services environment
- Good experience in managing people in a finance & accounting role
- Strong accounting knowledge with budgeting and forecasting experience across the whole P&L.
- Highly numerate with excellent excel and modeling skills
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and articulate manner both day to day and in a more formal environment (Committees etc)
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.