- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 18/12/2020
Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The team deliver and maintain a fully integrated, secure and cost effective Infrastructure environment to MotoNovo Finance through the provision of technical advice and guidance, maintenance and problem solving. The jobholder will ensure IT services meet standards for service provision, and are delivered and maintained to the agreed Service Levels.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure and systems.
The role of Linux Infrastructure Engineer is really important to us. You will be Responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure and systems.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager The Infrastructure Manager and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Supporting and administering the UNIX and Linux Infrastructure (Solaris & RedHat), managing technical escalations and driving continuous improvement.
- Provide in depth technical support and low level design activities for complex projects and operational processes as required, ensuring the productivity and effectiveness of the company’s technology.
- Design and implementation of enhancements and new services.
- Deployment and configuration of new services.
- Conceiving, managing and implementing strategic projects and initiatives.
- Monitoring core systems, propose improvements, interface with vendors for system support and functional development
- Partner with the Operational Support Teams to handle escalated tickets, providing support and coaching.
- Undertake Problem Management and root cause analysis.
- Engage in regular scheduled maintenance activities.
- Implementation and testing of disaster recovery plans, engaging in regular exercises.
- Maintain effective vendor management relations and documentation.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on a Rota basis
- The position will require occasional out of hour implementation work.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience supporting enterprise services at 3rd line supporting a highly available enterprise environment.
- Proficient with Linux, preferably Red Hat, and a good understanding of Solaris.
- Proven experience in deployment of Data Centre Technologies
- A working knowledge of SANs.
- Experience supporting and maintaining VMware vSphere 6.x
- A good understanding of Network Protocols.
- Experience and practical knowledge with scripting languages and Automation – Bash, Perl, Python, Ansible
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a diverse skillset team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
- Willingness to support operations and handle on-call duties as needed
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of key ITIL Service Management Areas
Technologies used at MotoNovo:
- Redhat, Solaris, Ansible, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Redis, VMWare, NetApp, Oracle, Splunk, Apache
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.