- Department / Function Operational Risk
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 11/12/2020
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Business Continuity Manager will support the Head of Operational Risk in coordinating and managing the approach to Business Continuity in line with the policy and associated framework. This will enable MotoNovo and the wider Aldermore Group to respond to significant business disruption and implement actions to mitigate foreseeable adverse impact.
The role of Business Continuity Manager is really important to us. You will play a key role in developing, maintaining and testing the company’s business continuity programme and will coordinate a wide number of business areas during any periods of disruption and interruption.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Operational Risk and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Maintain business continuity documentation (e.g. policies, plans and BIAs) to the required level on at least an annual basis or upon a material change to the business
- Complete full analysis of the business continuity plans and identify areas for improvement. Work with the business areas to develop them in to plans that are fit for purpose and can be invoked in the event of a major incident
- Analyse the MotoNovo’s business continuity requirements and develop robust recovery strategies in relation to work area recovery and the prioritisation of service continuity / disaster recovery plans
- Work with key stakeholders and relevant third parties to ensure MotoNovo’s systems and applications are available at the work area recovery site. Coordinate and facilitate work area recovery testing by working with the business areas to ensure all critical processes are tested
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, to build an in-depth understanding of the business requirements, culture and trust to deliver the business continuity management framework
- Adhere to the full business continuity management lifecycle including but not limited to; review of and adherence to business continuity policies, business impact analysis, plan development, developing recovery strategies, third party requirements, workplace recovery, work arounds, recovery point objectives and testing
- Manage incidents (in and out of hours) through to a satisfactory resolution in an efficient and effective way, keeping in-line with the incident management policy and incident management plans by working with the business areas affected, convening and chairing incident management meetings and executing the recovery strategy as outlined in business continuity plans
- Complete horizon scanning and monitor any threats or risks to the business, keeping a high level of awareness around business interests
- Complete post incident reviews and support the business in utilising lessons learned to promote best practice and enhance processes
What do we expect of you?
To be considered for this position you must have experience working within Business Continuity, preferably within a Financial Services organisation.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate standards e.g. ISO22301
- Management skills; proven engaging and inclusive management style, with experience of having managed Business Continuity / operational processes / risk management initiatives
- Analytical skills – Able to analyse and interpret key facts across a spectrum of data sources, providing stakeholders with clear and concise recommendations and reports
- Proven stakeholder engagement experience, including experience of working in a matrix management structure
- Problem solving / Decision making skills – ability to decide, under pressure, the best course of action required to solve a range of problems from complex queries to technical issues
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Communicate clearly and concisely, tailoring content and style, with ability to make a positive impression on others
- Coaching, training and mentoring experience across diverse teams, capable of effectively managing conflict and change, resolving problems expeditiously
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable leadership team
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.