- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 21/01/2021
What you will be doing
As the Lead API Developer you will be part of the Development Team. You will be responsible for building and configuring robust, scalable API services to be surfaced by frontend UX/UI teams.
- Plan and lead development on sets of related stories for backend service layers
- Write clean, secure and well-tested code
- Take technical ownership of all the stages and iterations of software development projects
- A whole system understanding and ability to teach this to others
- Follow and develop best practice guidelines
- Work with other disciplines (Product, Architecture, Project Management) to understand what needs to be built
- Provide last line support for production services - identifying, locating, and fixing faults within SLA.
- Code review internally- and externally developed software
- Coach and mentor others.
- Providing technical advice to stakeholders
- Contribute towards the selection of appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively
- Create or design workable prototypes
What we are looking for
- Experience in C# (essential)
- Strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices
- Able to coordinate build activities across systems and suppliers
- Understands frontend development tools and practices
- Understands how to undertake and support integration testing activities.
- Understands and implements design patterns
Life in the Team
Our culture is a bit different. We really are driven by people and their investments in helping our business succeed.
We come from different backgrounds and work closely together to share our experiences and ideas. You will find yourself doing the same and bringing new ideas or better ways of working to help the team deliver.
What the process looks like
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to attend a telephone interview with, our Applications Development Manager. This will include a series of competency-based questions around your experience and why you want to become our Lead API Developer which then be followed by a test and a further second stage interview.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining MotoNovo Finance.