- Department / Function Regulatory Risk
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary and benefits
- Closing Date 30/10/2020
Reporting into the Head of Legal Risk and Governance, your focus as Commercial Lawyer will be primarily on operational aspects of Motonovo’s lending business and the implementation of commercial contracts. You'll act as principal contact within the legal team for these issues and provide a high quality, cost effective legal service whilst continuously seeking to improve personal competencies and appropriate processes, practices and policies
What would your day look like?
- Responsibility for commercial agreements with suppliers and the group companies, with a wide range of commercial agreements such as business process outsourcing agreements, agency agreements, referral agreements, recruitment agreements, marketing agreements, IT agreements and other supply agreements as well as letters of intent and general commercial law matters.
- Provides high quality legal advice and input into new strategic projects and also the renegotiation and restructure of existing initiatives both with external and internal counterparties.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all types of contractual arrangements conducted in a highly regulated sector.
- Supporting other departments through training and also the development of legal templates and checklists.
- Provides concise and easily understandable advice (legal and commercial) and applicable solutions on complex subject matters.
What do we expect of you?
- Current and anticipated commercial legal and regulatory issues affecting MotoNovo and the industry generally.
- Sound experience in material outsourcing, IT/SaaS and other types of procurement agreements.
- Whilst the role anticipates a focus on commercial contracts, there is a need for an understanding (or a willingness to learn) multiple areas of the law including knowledge of ancillary areas of law, e.g. data protection and intellectual property.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with all internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Demonstrates sound legal and business judgement.
- Possess strong influencing skills - able to advise the business on the best approaches, helping them to understand the constraints/risks and assisting the business in developing solutions.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- Blended/ flexible working arrangements welcomed.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.