- Department / Function Regulatory Risk
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary and benefits
- Closing Date 30/10/2020
We are now seeking a Regulatory lawyer with experience in Consumer Credit Act Regulation (CCA) to support business operations. The role is to start as soon as possible and applicants are required to have experience in CCA Regulation and possess upwards of 3 years' PQE. Due to the nature of the role, candidates are likely to have gained their experience In-House from a banking or financial services perspective; a financial regulatory body or a law firm, and are likely to have handled FS Regulatory or Consumer Credit Act matters from a regulation and/or litigious perspective.
This role will act as principal contact within the legal team for these issues and provide a high quality, cost effective legal service whilst continuously seeking to improve personal competencies and appropriate processes, practices and policies.
What would your day look like?
- Responsibility for regulatory spport for operational issues for any question that may arise
- Provides “hands on” advice and day-to-day assistance on issues such as documentation queries, terms and conditions, tricky repossessions, complaints, consumer remediation projects.
- Provides high quality legal advice and input into new strategic projects both with external and internal counterparties.
- Supporting other departments through training and also the development of legal templates and checklists.
- Provides concise and easily understandable advice (legal and commercial) and applicable solutions on complex subject matters.
- Proactively takes responsibility to identify, assess, manage and report legal risk issues.
- Understands and addresses root causes of business problems in order to reduce legal and reputational risk from such issues, drawing appropriate learnings to prevent their recurrence.
- Identifies and anticipates key regulation that has application to business activities in particular where impacts will fall onthe motor finance industry and Aldermore group’s reputation and people.
- Assists with providing direction of the firm’s legal activities and co-ordination of work conducted by external legal counsel.
What do we expect of you?
- An understanding (or a willingness to learn) multiple areas of the law including knowledge of ancillary areas of law, including banking regulation generally.
- Legal case management and operational processes.
- Corporate Governance challenges for UK corporates and particularly those in the financial services industry
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with all internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Demonstrates sound legal and business judgement.
- Possess strong influencing skills - able to advise the business on the best approaches, helping them to understand the constraints/risks and assisting the business in developing solutions.
- Experience of working in an inhouse role is preferred.
- High-calibre, confident, commercially minded with proven ability to manage complicated projects, excellent drafting skills
- Financial Services Experience.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.