- Department / Function Operational Risk
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary and benefits
- Closing Date 02/10/2020
As our Operational Risk Manager, you’ll work as part of the Operational Risk team by ensuring risks are identified and assessed relating to projects or new initiatives. You will be responsible for working with the project team to identify any risks at the start of the change life cycle, and work with the business to ensure appropriate controls are put in place, monitoring the progress throughout. Whilst most of your time will be dedicated to change within the business, you will also be required to support with the implementation and embedment of our Operational Risk Management Framework. You will help stakeholders embed risk management practices and make risk-based decisions in line with the overall strategy of the company. The team are on a journey with a goal to give the business all the tools they need to manage their own risks and controls, and take a proactive approach to risk management by sharing expertise at the forefront of change.
What will you be doing?
- Support the implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework, ensuring the framework is understood and embedded.
- Work with key stakeholders across business units and group functions to implement operational risk best practice.
- Oversee and monitor adherence to the Operational Risk Management Framework.
- To act as an SME on project board to identify and assess risks related to change requests.
- Provide oversight of the Risk Acceptance process, ensuring this is applied robustly, central records remain accurate and proactively following up with management on expiring risk acceptances.
- Review and monitor RCSA actions to ensure timely updates and track to conclusion.
- Liaising with colleagues and SMEs in other Risk teams.
What will you need?
- To be a specialist in Risk Management.
- Experience working in a financial services organisation.
- Considerable experience of project management practices and change methodologies.
- Excellent leadership skills and an ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to interpret information and form an opinion to disseminate to management team/stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, organisational and influencing skills with the ability to engage with colleagues of all levels across the organisation.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, able to draft reports to senior leaders and Executive Committees.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
Life in the team
The team have a wide range of skills and expertise. Working together regularly and often socialising as part of company events and specific team events. The team are very friendly and enjoy working and interacting as a collective.
Most of our colleagues are successfully working from home at the moment so, if successful, you will also start your employment with us remotely. We have worked hard to make sure we have the best systems in place to ensure you have a seamless transition into your new team and you have all the tools you need to start your training.
There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday - Friday 9am-5pm.
What does the process look like?
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to a technical-based video interview via WebEx with the Head of Operational Risk. Following that, if successful, we will invite you to a further video interview with the Head of Operational Risk and the Chief Risk Officer. The second interview will explore your experience by asking competency and cultural-based questions.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.