- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and discretionary bonus
- Closing Date 30/09/2020
This is an opportunity for a hands on, technical Infrastructure Team Leader specialising in Linux / UNIX environments to lead a team which has responsibility for the design, confidentiality, integrity, availability and maintenance of MotoNovo Finance’s infrastructure services, applications and information.
What you will be doing
We are in the process of transforming and modernising our Linux environment with an emphasis on DevOps, Infrastructure as code, automation, self-service, and instrumentation using open source tools. To help deliver this transformation and ongoing management of the team we are introducing a new Lead Infrastructure Engineer role to the Linux Team.
You and your team will have a large amount of autonomy to define, design and build the future state of the Linux and Solaris infrastructure at MotoNovo. Working closely with internal teams you will define the tools and technologies adopted, and deliver those tools into the production environment. You will drive the on-going development and continuous improvement of the Linux platform.
This is a hands-on technical role, leading a small team of three Linux Engineers. As the Team Leader you will provide 24/7 on-call support escalation and there may be occasional out of hour implementation work. You will be responsible for supporting and managing the Linux/Unix estate within defined SLA’s, day-to-day technology operations, managing and implementing enterprise projects, coordinating technical changes and introducing greater automation, instrumentation and agility.
What you will need
You should be highly motivated and enthusiastic about working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, passionate about DevOps, Linux and open source with the drive and imagination to deliver change and modernisation to our Linux infrastructure.
Ideally you will have prior experience and knowledge of the following:
- Experience managing an enterprise Infrastructure Team
- Extensive knowledge and experience of UNIX/Linux infrastructure (RedHat 7, Solaris), VMware, SAN and Cisco platforms
- Expert knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Delivering 3rd line Operational Support
- Extensive Scripting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of key ITIL Service Management Areas