- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and discretionary bonus
- Closing Date 28/08/2020
Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity is available for a hands-on Infrastructure Team Leader to lead a team of technical IT staff which has responsibility for the design, confidentiality, integrity, availability and maintenance of MotoNovo Finance’s infrastructure services, applications and information.
We are in the process of transforming and modernising our Linux environment with an emphasis on DevOps, Infrastructure as code, automation, self-service, and instrumentation using open source tools. To help deliver this transformation and ongoing management of the team we are introducing a new Lead Infrastructure Engineer role to the Linux Team.
You and your team will have a large amount of autonomy to define, design and build the future state of the Linux and Solaris infrastructure at MotoNovo. Working closely with internal teams you will define the tools and technologies adopted, and deliver those tools into the production environment.
This is a hands-on technical role, leading a small team of three Linux Engineers. You will be responsible for supporting and managing the Linux/Unix estate within defined SLA’s, day-to-day technology operations, managing and implementing enterprise projects, coordinating technical changes and introducing greater automation, instrumentation and agility.
You should be highly motivated and enthusiastic about working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, passionate about DevOps, Linux and open source with the drive and imagination to deliver change and modernisation to our Linux infrastructure.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To lead a team of Infrastructure Engineers, seeking opportunities to implement, enhance and optimise processes and services as necessary.
- Manage a team supporting and administering the UNIX/Linux infrastructure (RedHat 7, Solaris), VMware, SAN and Cisco platforms.
- Providing operational support for all Linux/UNIX systems, ensure that all systems are available and performant.
- Ongoing development and continuous improvement of the Linux platform
- Conceiving, managing and implementing strategic projects and initiatives to the Linux platform
- Ensure systems compliance with security standards and audit requirements
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure is maintained and is kept up to date, utilising new technologies where possible
- Provide in depth technical support and Low Level Design for complex projects and operational processes as required, ensuring the productivity and effectiveness of the company’s technology.
- Implementation and testing of disaster recovery plans, engaging in regular exercises.
- Maintain effective vendor management relations and documentation.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support escalation
- The position will require occasional out of hour implementation work.
- Experience managing an enterprise Infrastructure Team
- Proven experience managing an infrastructure with multiple technologies
- Expert knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Delivering 3rd line Operational Support
- Extensive Scripting Experience
- Desire to take ownership for products and deliver exceptional service and stability to expand the business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Willingness to support operations and handle on-call duties as needed
- Ability to work flexibly when required.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of key ITIL Service Management Areas (ITIL Foundation certification)
Technologies used at MotoNovo:
Redhat, Solaris, Ansible, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Redis, VMWare, NetApp, Oracle, Splunk, Apache