- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and discretionary bonus
- Closing Date 28/08/2020
Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity is available for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to work within a team of technical IT staff which has responsibility for the design, confidentiality, integrity, availability and maintenance of MotoNovo Finance’s infrastructure services, applications and information.
You will gain the opportunity to work in an innovative, dynamic and fast growing organisation, working in a small diverse team of four engineers, supporting and maintaining business critical services and providing low level design and technical delivery to enterprise projects.
You should be highly motivated and enthusiastic about working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, possessing an ability to innovate solutions for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting and administering the Windows infrastructure, managing technical escalations and driving continuous improvement.
- Provide in depth technical support and low level design activities for complex projects and operational processes as required, ensuring the productivity and effectiveness of the company’s technology.
- Design and implementation of enhancements and new services.
- Deployment and configuration of new services.
- Conceiving, managing and implementing strategic projects and initiatives.
- Monitoring core systems, propose improvements, interface with vendors for system support and functional development
- Partner with the Operational Support Teams to handle escalated tickets, providing support and coaching.
- Undertake Problem Management and root cause analysis.
- Engage in regular scheduled maintenance activities.
- Implementation and testing of disaster recovery plans, engaging in regular exercises.
- Maintain effective vendor management relations and documentation.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on a Rota basis
- The position will require occasional out of hour implementation work.
- Experience supporting enterprise services at 3rd line supporting a highly available enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Technologies Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, O365, AzureAD
- Proven experience in deployment of Data Centre Technologies
- A working knowledge of SANs.
- Strong knowledge of VMware Administration, Support and Delivery.
- A good understanding of Cisco Networks (switches, firewalls, WiFi and VPN), network protocols and performance management.
- Experience and practical knowledge with scripting languages - PowerShell.
- Desire to take ownership for products and deliver exceptional service and stability to expand the business
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a diverse skillset team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Ability to operate independently in a dynamic environment with multifunctional teams
- Willingness to support operations and handle on-call duties as needed
- Ability to work flexibly when required.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of key ITIL Service Management Areas
The following experience is beneficial but not essential:
Financial Institution background
Relevant Microsoft certification
Experience with Cisco UCS Hardware, F5, Fortigate, Veeam, BlueCoat or Avaya Technologies
Technologies used at MotoNovo:
Windows Server 2012-2019, Office 365, Exchange Active Directory, Group Policy, Jira, Confluence, VMWare, NetApp, Oracle, Splunk, Apache, IIS, MobileIron, DesktopCentral, PRTG, Veeam