- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and discretionary bonus
- Closing Date 17/12/2020
This is an excellent opportunity for a 3rd Line Windows Infrastructure Engineer to work within a small yet dynamic team which has responsibility for the design, confidentiality, integrity, availability and maintenance of MotoNovo Finance’s infrastructure services, applications and information.
MotoNovo Finance an innovative and fast growing organisation, part of Aldermore Group. You will work closely with the other engineers in your team, supporting and maintaining business critical services and providing low level design and technical delivery to enterprise projects. You will be required to provide 24/7 on-call support on a Rota basis and there may be occasional out of hours implementation work.
What you will be doing
- Supporting and administering the Windows infrastructure, managing technical escalations and driving continuous improvement.
- Provide in depth technical support and low level design activities for complex projects and operational processes as required, ensuring the productivity and effectiveness of the company’s technology.
- Design and implementation of enhancements and new services.
- Deployment and configuration of new services.
- Monitoring core systems, propose improvements, interface with vendors for system support and functional development
- Partner with the Operational Support Teams to handle escalated tickets, providing support and coaching.
What you will need
You should be highly motivated and enthusiastic about working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, possessing an ability to innovate solutions for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
Ideally, you will have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Experience supporting enterprise services at 3rd line supporting a highly available enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Technologies Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, O365, AzureAD
- Proven experience in deployment of Data Centre Technologies
- A working knowledge of SANs.
- Strong knowledge of VMware Administration, Support and Delivery.A good understanding of Cisco Networks (switches, firewalls, WiFi and VPN), network protocols and performance management.
- Experience and practical knowledge with scripting languages - PowerShell.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of key ITIL Service Management Areas