This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 2
- Salary Up to £28,000
- Closing Date 15/09/2020
The Collections department is responsible for helping our customers who may find themselves in arrears or facing difficulty with their finance agreement. The department has a huge impact on the success of MotoNovo Finance and so we are on the lookout for those who can make a difference, to join us.
The Customer Support Team works within the Collections Department to help support our most vulnerable customers, where they work to achieve the fairest outcome for the customers who are in unique situations. As a Collections Advisor you will be required to make contact with customers, via SMS text, email, letter and telephone to offer them additional support and work with them through their current circumstances helping them reach a fair resolution. A real opportunity to make a difference to someone's life during very challenging times.
What will you need?
- Active listening skills
- To be extremely organised
- To show empathy towards customers
- To be professional and calm, ensuring the fairest outcome is delivered to the customer
- The ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written skills
- To be able to adapt to different customer circumstances
- To show resilience to sensitive situations
- To be flexible and work on your own initiative
As part of your role, you will be required to support the Collections Team in taking inbound calls from customers at peak times.
What will you be doing?
- Identify the varying types of vulnerability which include health/illness, life events, resilience and capabilities
- Having, sometimes difficult, conversations with our customers, being the first port of call for those in financial difficulty
- Negotiating with customers that are in arrears for repayment of balances or looking at alternative ideas for a resolution
- Using your initiative to recommend the best course of action after internal procedures have been exhausted
- Adhering to ours and regulatory policies to ensure that at all times, at all stages, our customers are treated fairly and fair customer outcomes are achieved
- Demonstrating a pro-active, inquisitive and problem-solving nature to assist our customers in vulnerable and often complex situations
- Adapting your approach to offer tailored solutions that meet the needs of customers in difficult and sometimes unique situations
- Providing ongoing 1-2-1 support to customers who are dealing with serious health issues such as depression, cancer and terminal illness
- Referring customers to specialist support organisations so they can get the help they need
- Assisting with the embedding of the fair treatment of vulnerable customers across the department
After the above has been demonstrated there will be numerous options and encouragement to explore other areas in collections, assist with projects, create and drive initiatives and create a career that utilises your skills.
Life in the team
Salary offered will be reflective of experience and relevant qualifications but can be up to £28,000 plus an annual bonus. The good news is that everyone will have the opportunity to work up to the top end salary through being signed off competencies and achieving their Certificate in Consumer Debt Collection qualification (which we will pay for and even give you a bonus on completing).
Outside of this, there are numerous unique benefits such as breakfast mornings, seasonal bonuses and structured, formal training.
Hours of work will be between 08:00-19:00 Monday- Friday and 09:00-13:00 Saturdays (you will only work 1 in 4 Saturdays). Bank Holidays are classed as a working day in the department but there are extra financial incentives when these are worked.
What does the process look like?
The entire recruitment process will be conducted via various digital platforms which could include Webex or just a normal phone call. We appreciate that technology isn’t always our best friend so don’t worry if you face any issues, we will completely understand!
If you are successful at the application stage you will be contacted by a member of the Recruitment Team to go through a short telephone interview, this will also be a good opportunity to ask any questions you may have! Following this, we will look to arrange a first stage interview with a Collections Manager to understand your experience in further detail and you will also be required to complete a role play exercise. If you are to be successful to the final stage, the Recruitment Team will give you a call to explain the next steps for you.
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.