- Department / Function HR
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and discretionary bonus
- Closing Date 26/06/2020
The HR Team is a key enabler for business success. We attract talent; by being fully immersed in our business, influencing and understanding our short, medium and long term aspirations. We develop our people; to ensure they fulfil their hopes and dreams, whilst continuing to meet the needs and expectations of our dynamic business.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports managers and leaders to make the right decisions at difficult times.
The role of HR Business Partner is really important to us. You will operate as a key strategic partner to a specific business area, joining us at a pivotal time.
Based in our Cardiff city centre office, you will sit amongst a wider team of HR, Reward, Recruitment and L&D colleagues and report to the Director – People Services.
What would your day look like?
- As a commercially minded member of a senior leadership team, you will influence, drive, support and enable your stakeholders to deliver against the People strategy.
- A thought leader, you will engage the business on organisation-wide, people initiatives; facilitating all colleagues’ understanding of the role they play and how best to deliver against expectations.
- Being the custodian of effective organisational design and ensuring that we develop a fit for purpose, effective and efficient organisation that drives business performance, customer satisfaction and people engagement.
- Analysing and identifying trends in people data, you’ll define and execute people plans; driving initiatives to improve business performance and effectiveness.
- Delivering interventions that will mitigate our people risks and ensure the business meets its targets by attracting, retaining and engaging our people.
- Providing leadership coaching, alongside effective and influential challenge of senior and executive leaders.
- Underpinned by our growing centre of excellence, you will support the delivery of the core People service and cyclical activity; such as performance management, annual pay/bonus review, succession-planning, development-planning and employee relations issues.
What do we expect of you?
- Significant commercial understanding; delivering expertise within complex, regulated business environments, such as other Financial Services organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of organisation design and development activities; dynamic and responsive to the fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Extensive experience of acting as a true Business Partner; working with multiple stakeholder groups within a matrix environment.
- The energy and professionalism that builds credible and lasting business relationships at all levels of management and Executive.
- The courage to challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Be bold, resilient and pragmatic in your approach to partnering our business, with the curiosity to take calculated risks.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.