- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive Salary
- Closing Date 10/04/2020
Our Cyber Security Team are vital in protecting our business and our people. They have a wide range of experience and skills. What they have in common is their passion and drive to help protect our business from threats such as data loss, hackers and cyber security threats. They also govern the risk and compliance around our security.
We are on the lookout out for a Security Engineer/ Analyst to bring their passion and drive to help our team continue to do an amazing job. Whether you have limited experience or lots of experience we are interested in hearing from you.
What you will be doing
As the Security Engineer/ Analyst you will be part of the Security Operations “Blue” Team, who are responsible for the operation of a range of cyber security enforcement technologies and the analysis of their output to identify indicators of compromise.
What you will be doing
- Manage the security policies of a range of cyber defence technologies
- Identify and monitor security vulnerabilities and produce vulnerability advisories
- Maintain security technology policies in response to changes in the vulnerability position
- Assess threat intelligence and monitor changes to cyber threat
- Analysing output of all security technologies and reverse engineering malware for indicators of compromise and cyber-attack
- Produce regular security health reports in support of our information risk management process
- Gather metrics from security controls, analysing the results for key trends and risk indicators
- Conduct forensic investigations into cyber security incidents as part of our incident management process
What we are looking for
- Someone who has a real passion for cyber security and a real drive to help protect our business and people from potential threats
- Someone who understands the security challenges and threats we face as a finance provider
- A curious mind, where you’re not afraid to think outside of the box and bring fresh ideas and solutions
- An open and trusting approach to building those lasting relationships across the business
- Someone who has great communication skills and able to communicate with both technical and non-technical wider team members
Life in the Team
Our culture is a bit different here, we really are driven by our people and their investments in helping our business succeed. Our Security Team go out and deliver what is needed to protect the business. They don’t rely on being told what to do; they use their expertise and initiative to get the job done. They stay ahead of the game by ensuring they are up to date with their industry knowledge.
They come from different backgrounds and work closely together to share their experiences and ideas. You will find yourself doing the same and bringing new ideas or better ways of working to help the team deliver their outcomes and ensuring the business is protected from potential threats.
What the process looks like
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to attend a telephone interview with our Lead Security Engineer, Andi and our Head of Security, Dave. This will include a chat around your experience and why you want to become one of our Security Engineer/Analysts.
If successful after this stage we will complete a video interview. This will include a selection of competency based and technical based questions.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that MotoNovo reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining MotoNovo.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.