- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and discretionary bonus
- Closing Date 26/06/2020
Our IT Service Desk Team is a key function within the IT Department and across the business. They are responsible for all IT services including, desk side support services, incident management, request fulfillment and access management.
As the IT Service and Supplier Manager you will be responsible for managing IT suppliers and contracts, ensuring third parties meet contractual obligations. You will help drive innovation, collaboration, seeking to align core values, deliver feedback and drive improved performance.
What you will be doing
- Build strategic and tactical relationships with IT suppliers, ensuring contractual SLA’s and financial obligations are met
- Helping to build a governance structure to ensuring a standardised approach to supplier management
- Working with internal teams to define and understand their needs and create a supplier performance matrix. Using scorecards as part of this process to facilitate a continual service improvement plan
- Ensuring IT contract renewals and notice periods are clearly understood, working with other IT teams to understand our Roadmap and therefore the renewal position
- To provide financial information for the annual budget; identifying cost reductions
- To make sure our service catalogue and list of critical suppliers is up to date, outlining supplier SLA’s against each service
- To work with new suppliers in order to develop a service transition plan
- Responsible for problem management and to work with suppliers and internal teams to make sure the list is prioritised and underlining problems resolved
- To act as an escalation point in major incidents ensuring that suppliers are focusing on service restoration. Ensuring the high priority log is kept up to date and incident management reports are received
- To work with the Service desk teams in helping to drive service improvements
- To work with the 1st & 2nd line team leader in order to help manager the service desk in the absent of the Head of Service Delivery
What you will need
- Proven track record of IT supplier management is essential
- Excellent relationship management, supplier and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of engaging with all level of the business and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and Enthusiastic
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible to change
- Logical analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Problem solving and resourceful
- Methodical thinking
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Uses own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT Skills
Life in the Team
Our Service Delivery team is made up of three teams: 1st line support team who are our first port of call for IT issues and requests. The 2nd line support team who deal with technical issues which 1st line cannot fix and are responsible for patching our desktop estate and the IT Operational support who manages the leavers & starters process, creation of documentation, audits and asset management. They are all passionate about helping our people with any IT issues.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, you will be invited to complete a telephone call with the Head of Service Delivery. If this goes well we will then invite you in to complete a face to face interview which will include competency based interview questions and some technical questions. This isn’t just an opportunity for us to find out about you, it’s also an opportunity for you to find out about us. So please bring along some questions we will be more than happy to answer them. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.