This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Underwriting
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Up to £27,500 per annum plus perks and benefits
- Closing Date 21/02/2020
The Underwriting team supports our dealerships and customers by manually reviewing and processing finance applications, whilst interacting with many other internal departments on a daily basis.
As the Team Leader you will proactively assist the Underwriting Manager to ensure the team provide the best possible standard of service to customers, dealers and third parties, ensuring the department remains compliant with policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
What will you be doing?
- To lead the Underwriting team, ensuring proposals are underwritten within mandate levels, ensuring compliance with the CRP, ensuring all new business opportunities are maximized by negotiation, deal making and making full use of all systems and processes available
- Provide advice and support the Underwriting team as necessary, identifying development and training needs based on performance and taking ownership of the delivery of appropriate training.
- Provide internal and external customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times in order to maintain and develop business relationships
- Ensure all referred proposals have relevant procedural checks as highlighted, both system and manual as necessary e.g. Credit Reference Bureau, Glasses Guide, Land Registry, CIFAS, employment confirmation etc are utilized ensuring that all information
What you will need
- Proven Team Leader experience
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A team orientated approach
- Fantastic written and oral communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to work in a high pressured and regulated environment
- The ability to engage and build relationships with all levels of seniority
Underwriting Team Leader experience
Life in the team
Our environment is energised and busy. Your goal will be to help your support the team. Our team is made up of approximately 35 team members all with a variety of experiences and backgrounds.
We work in a highly regulated environment so we do work hard to ensure our quality of work is at a high standard. However we like to have fun too! We have Fun Fridays with quizzes and prizes to be won. We also like to celebrate the hard work of our team members. Each year we hold our own Awards event where we like to celebrate Team Member of the year, Underwriters Underwriter, Managers Underwriter and many more!
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive benefits package.
The Department operates 7 days a week. Monday to Friday between 9am – 8pm, Saturday between 9am – 6pm and Sundays between 10am – 5pm.
As the Team Leader you will be working Monday to Friday on a rota between 9am – 6pm and one Saturday in three between 9am – 6pm.
What does the process look like?
If successful at the application stage, you will be contacted by our Recruitment Team to complete a short telephone Interview. The next stage is an informal meeting with the Underwriting Manager. If progressed to the final stage, we will invite you back into the office to complete a presentation and some competency based interview questions.
We always do our upmost to make you feel relaxed as we want the best from you, we want you to be yourself and hopefully enjoy meeting us.
If you are successful in joining MotoNovo, your time with us will start with our unique and insightful induction programme. In your two days with Alex (our induction champion) we can ensure you will gain a wealth of MotoNovo knowledge, build new relationships and have a fun filled start on your journey with us. Once you have joined your team and settled in, you will make a start with your robust training plan and spend time getting to know your stakeholders in order to form a great working relationship.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.