- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and bonus
- Closing Date 28/02/2020
The Application Development Manager will be the driving force behind the development of software and management information for the organisation.
The role would be responsible for primarily for the management and delivery of software within the change delivery lifecycle, focusing on the management of application, MI and SQL development, and assisting with the delivery of software from third parties where required.
What you will be doing?
- Oversees and directs all activities and functions of staff involved with the analysis, definition, specification, development, documentation and installation of new and/or existing applications spanning both custom and package technologies
- Leads the implementation of the overall system development life cycle strategy, heavily influencing the application development lifecycle for software development within MNF
- Directs staff involved with the evaluation and consultation of technical solutions for systems development life cycle and problems issues
- Provides support and guidance to assigned project managers
- Work to develop and deliver software components within the organisation under an Agile delivery model
- Assist the Systems Analysis function with Agile planning and delivery
- Work with third party software development parties to manage overall delivery work stack using Agile techniques
- Assist Testing Manager with build and release management activities
- Works closely with the Architecture team to ensure that solutions meet the overall architectural vision and alignment to the IT strategy
- Support the Head of Architecture and Delivery in overseeing application designs and resource allocations to ensure that projects are aligned with the company’s overall standards and IT strategy
- Responsible for delivery of feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs
- Supports the development and implementation of the overall strategic vision of all aspects of the system development life cycle
- Develops and implements system analysis, applications development, standards, procedures and methodologies
- Direct responsibilities for people management of software development team members
- Become a pro-active member of the Delivery Management team in order to drive cross team initiatives
- In addition to project deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management and pay determination and communication
What you will need
- Experience with system analysis and deployment of applications
- Experience in management
- Experience in agile project management in an IT environment
- Working in a 24 x 7 high availability environment with strong customer and result orientation
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Management of Third party vendors and suppliers
- Easily recognise system deficiencies and implement effective solutions spanning both custom and packaged technologies
- Excellent systems analytical skills to transform innovative and creative solutions into functional systems
- Fluent in computer hardware technology and its limitations as well as the analysis, design and development techniques to develop and implement software applications (Full SDLC skill set)
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-sufficient and foster ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with the business
- Strong functional understanding of the systems supported and the development framework for customisation
- Strong skills in programming and system analysis as well as deployment of applications
- Good understanding of software security and application performance best practices
- Good understanding of testing and testing life cycles in an IT environment
- Communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts in a simple logical manner, in both technical and business terms
- Excellent agile skills, with proven knowledge of the adoption of agile to manage software development backlogs
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines and can use own initiative
- Logical analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Problem solving and resourceful methodical thinking
- Good organisation and planning skills and attention to detail
- Flexible to change, motivated and enthusiastic
- ITIL Methodology
- Business Analysis
- System Design
- Agile / Scrum
- Financial services industry
- Jira / Confluence / Backlog management tools
- Financial Calculations – Asset finance agreements
- Functional analysis
Life in the team
Our Architecture and Delivery function brings the IT Delivery, Architecture and Business Intelligence teams together. They work collaboratively on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive benefits package which can be found on our ‘Working Here’ page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Head of Architecture and Delivery to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Motonovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.