- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 2
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and bonus
- Closing Date 31/01/2020
The Testing team provide technical assurance for new software solutions and solutions already in production. They support change within the IT department as well as quality testing with the business. Testing plays a critical role in the development of new IT programmes.
As the Automation Test Analyst you will be responsible for identifying test cases and writing test scripts. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing new testing tools. You will be working closely with other developers within the IT function and working closely with the Test Manager to improve the test processes and suggest ways in which testing can better support the business needs.
What you will be doing
- Develop and configure the test automation capabilities
- Coordinate with the business and technology colleagues to deliver stable products
- Develop and execute test automation through designated and appropriate test tools
- Enhance test frameworks and develop automated tests using Quick Test Professional to ensure consistency
- Estimate test accurately and coordinate with team members for work activities
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks
- Analyze and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation and system testing
- Involve in product design to guarantee adherence of test coverage for meeting end user requirements
- Record test results and report and verify software bug fixes to accept automation criteria
- Coordinate with program and development management teams in product development lifecycle to conform end user product and quality requirements and shipment schedule
- Analyze performance test requirements and develop test plans and debug to understand test objective requirements
- Handle performance testing and present results for validating and analysis to Project Teams
- Answer technical issues to resolve and follow up
- Establish test strategy and manual and automated test suites
- Prepare software defect tracking and report entire project release status to stakeholders
- Working conjunction with the Test Manager to improve the test process and suggest ways in which testing can better support the business needs
What will you need
- Automation Testing experience
- ISEB/ISTQB – Foundation Software Testing
- Understanding of the ITIL Methodology
- Experience in Zephyr or X-Ray or other testing management tools
- Working in a 24 x 7 high availability environment with strong customer and result orientation
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Experience in Selenium Web Driver, C#, React Test Utilities, Specflow Continuous Integration / Deployment tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, GoCD) Deployment Management Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell)
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-sufficient and foster ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with the business
- Strong understanding of common software failures and faults
- Excellent analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind
- Communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts in a simple logical manner, both technical and business terms
- Proven experience of working well under pressure and to deadlines and can use own initiatives
- Logical analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Problem solving and resourceful methodical thinking
- Good organization and planning skills and attention to detail
- Flexible to change, motivated and enthusiastic
- Experience of working within a supplier centric development environment
- Working in an Agile environment
- Coaching / mentoring
- Experience in testing Elastic based search engines.
- Behavioural Driven Development style automation (Gherkin, Cucumber, Specflow)
- Creating automation frameworks using Ruby, .JS, Selenium based Webdriver products such as Katalon
- Extensive experience of API testing
- Mobile automation testing using Browserstack
- GIT version control systems
- Ability to create or maintain tests in Ruby, C≠, java script
- Experience of Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- High proficiency in manual and exploratory testing
- Automation frameworks in Selenium, Cucumber, Specflow
- Other applications; Putty, Visual Studio 10, Soap UI, GitHub, Amazon Web Services (AWS), rpsec, jasmine
- Cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Load testing, APM, Java Script
Life in the team
Our Architecture and Delivery function brings the IT Delivery, Architecture and Business Intelligence teams together. They work collaboratively on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change. As the Automation Test Analyst you will be part of the Testing Team, reporting into the Test Manager.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive benefits package, which can be found on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process look's like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Test Manager to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview and technical questions. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Motonovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.