- Department / Function findandfundmycar.com
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Up to £45,000 pa depending on experience plus perks and benefits
- Closing Date 31/12/2019
As more and more customers move their buying online, it is important to offer them not only a wide variety of purchase options, but the assurance of value and quality products too.
Our findandfundmycar.com platform offers a completely fresh approach to car buying and selling, providing the ultimate customer and dealer experience. This new venture brings dealers and MotoNovo Finance even closer, to ultimately increase the reach of dealer finance and offer customers an altogether better deal with that feel good car buying.
As the Build and Release Engineer you will drive performance across our digital channels and enhance the web applications and infrastructure behind findandfundmycar.com. You will be working alongside our internal and external development partners to support the continuous release of platform services that are easy to deploy, operate, scale and are performant and secure.You will be committed and passionate about agile ways of working and happy to share your experience and expertise in these areas.
What you need to know
Technologies: AWS stack, HAProxy, NGINX, Redis, Cloudflare, CDNs
- Proven record of provisioning and operating highly available consumer web services
- Accustomed to working in an agile delivery team
- Accustomed to managing outsourced/offsite development teams
- Familiar with AWS/Azure
Proficient in a wide range of systems, including:
- Load balancers
- Caching technologies
- SQL & NOSQL databases
- Script automation
- Strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices
Takes a formal approach to:
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
Able to conduct/support various tests:
- Synthetic testing
- Automation testing
- Performance testing
- Stress/load testing
- Able to estimate work effort required to bring environments to readiness
What you will be doing
- Coordinate the deployment of web applications across internal and external suppliers
- Build a strong rapport with key stakeholders internally to produce a consistent approach on integrated projects. Monitor, isolate, escalate, and repair problems
- Measuring the impact of changes to content, applications, networks and infrastructure
- Conduct performance monitoring and availability reporting
- Manage technical suppliers and development partners
- Provide support for live websites, development infrastructure and other applications, in collaboration with existing systems support teams
- Support the testing of internal and external systems and services
- Tracking and reporting progress with the Senior Management team to monitor web performance against your overarching goals
- Balance budgets with timelines and other constraints to give developers and testers the systems they need to ensure that software works as designed in production
- Prevent or manage conflicts and collisions between multiple groups seeking access to limited resources, prioritising workload of the team to maximise benefits
- Understand the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- Follow and develop best practice guidelines
- Contribute towards the selection of appropriate methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively
- Write and maintain system documentation
- Coach and mentor others
What you will need
- A curious mind for solving problems and providing creative and fresh ideas for solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner and the ability to build lasting relationships across the business and collaborate with a variety of people
- To be able to plan and organise well, with clear direction and an eye for detail
- Not to be afraid of change and to be adaptable
- To have initiative and to be able to deliver results and solutions
Life in the team
The findandfundmycar.com team is made up of a support team, who specialise in ensuring the platform has quality used cars from trusted dealers and delivering excellent service to our dealers, customers and Team MotoNovo. You will be working alongside our Lead Integration Developer and a Front End Web Applications Developer.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete an alignment call to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview and technical questions. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.