- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive Salary
- Closing Date 29/11/2019
The Application Delivery Team is responsible for IT changes relating to applications in the business. Within this team sits the Test team who provide technical assurance for new software solutions, solutions already in production, supporting change within the IT department as well as quality testing with the business. Testing plays a critical role in the development of new IT programmes.
As the Senior Test Analyst you will undertake system test and acceptance test related activities for new and updated systems, e.g. carry out software testing procedures (from test case design, to execution and reporting) on developed database management systems and integrated front end applications. You will ensure defects are identified and reported appropriately. And offer experienced approach to confirmation and retesting.
You will work closely with the Test Manager to improve the test process and suggest ways in which testing can better support the business needs. The Senior Test Analyst will be required to support the work and development of Test Analysts and support the Test Manager to appropriately manage resource and effort across all Change activity within the business.
What you will be doing?
- You will be responsible for defining the test basis, implementing test cases and executing test activities
- You will lead and take ownership of small to medium size testing efforts
- Supporting the Test Manager in organising and managing multiple work streams, ensuring all Test Function deliveries are to a high quality
- Supporting the Test Function in improving and maturing its test processes and capabilities
- Reviewing and designing the production of re-usable test scripts
- Work closely with the business SME’s ensuring communication and delivery channels remain open and active
- Executing tests on the front end internal systems as well as API testing
- Providing feedback for continuous improvements to the overall Testing process
- Gathering and managing of test data and evaluating the outcome of each test case
- Help the business define acceptance criteria from requirements documentation
- Support less experienced/skilled testers to adequately undertake the above. Provide advice and guidance to ensure the Test function continues to provide a great offering to the business.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach with good problem solving skills in order to accommodate the ever changing business needs
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with delegates, key stakeholders and project sponsors at all levels. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactively engage and work with various IT groups and business users in defining, prioritizing and executing testing techniques for changes and projects
- The position may require standby support and occasional out of hour implementation work
What will you need?
- ISEB/ISTQB – Foundation Software Testing
- Understanding of the ITIL Methodology
- Significant experience in Team Foundation Server or other testing management tools
- Experience in software testing within a software/change delivery function
- Great interpersonal & communications skills to be part of a close-knit team
- Working in a 24 x 7 high availability environment with strong customer and result orientation
- Strong determination to ensure Quality frameworks/policies/strategies are followed at all levels within the Testing lifecycle
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Experience of managing workload and resource across multiple work streams
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-sufficient and foster ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with the business
- Strong understanding of common software failures and faults
- Excellent analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind
- Communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts in a simple logical manner, both technical and business terms
- Proven experience of working well under pressure and to deadlines and can use own initiatives
- Logical analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Problem solving and resourceful methodical thinking
- Good organization and planning skills and attention to detail
- Flexible to change, motivated and enthusiastic
- Project Management Methodology
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- ISTQB Agile Extension
- Experience with Mobile Testing using tools such as Browerstack
- Experience with Version Control such as GIT or VSTS
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience of working within a supplier centric development environment
- Financial Calculations – Asset finance agreements
- Postman & SoupUI
Life in the team
Our Delivery function is made up of Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, Tests Analysts and Technical Project Managers. We work collaboratively on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change. We are a high functioning team and look to provide innovative, customer centric solutions for the business. We use the best methodology for the job in hand and will adapt to ensure the best business outcome whether through Agile, Kanban, sprint or waterfall.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive benefits package which can be found on our 'Working Here' page.
What does the process look like?
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Test Manager to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Motonovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.