This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 2
- Salary Competitive Salary
- Closing Date 14/11/2019
The Business Analysis function within Motonovo is a small but dynamic team who have a considerable impact on all change designed and delivered within MNF. The role is challenging and hugely rewarding while continuing to develop your extensive skill set through both internally and externally recognized programs.
The Application Delivery team are responsible for application changes throughout the business and as such shape the business outcomes needed to make MotoNovo Finance a success. This team forms a part of the wider Delivery function within the Technology function.
As a Business Analyst you will contribute to the successful delivery of Change activity within the business. You will be responsible for the gathering of business requirements, facilitating the validation of those requirements and acting as a conduit between the business and technical delivery teams to ensure smooth transition from development to business as usual.
What you will be doing?
- Facilitate, capture and identify key business requirements needed to deliver system updates and improvements, demonstrating the benefits of progressing from the ‘As Is’ to ‘To Be’ state
- Required to investigate and analyse business activities to make them more efficient, translating and clarifying the deliverables for the technical teams
- Contribute to key documents used by the delivery and implementation teams
- Influence and challenge assumptions within the business to get to root issues and ensure real business needs are understood
- Work extensively with the business and third parties to input and provide relevant support toward the creation of technical requirements
- Demonstrate a flexible approach with good problem solving skills in order to deliver solutions to the business within budget and timescales
- Work with IT groups and business users in defining, prioritizing and executing application enhancements and projects. Ensuring the developers has adequate clarification and support on all business and functional requirements and specifications related to the applications
- Work with the Test Function to identify and assist in the generation of testing plans and assist with automated testing, user acceptance testing and workshop facilitation with the business
- The position may require standby support and occasional out of hour implementation work
- Be proficient in backlog management and refinement
- Research and keep abreast of industry trends and developments in order to develop systems that will support new/existing products, procedures and business strategy to ensure business competitiveness
- Recognise and recommend improvements to services and products offered by the IT department
What you will need
- A restless curiosity
- Proven Business Analyst experience
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Some training in Business Analysis practices
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to provide new ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to collaborate with others and explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Analysing and interpreting skills, that enables you to interpret information, get to the heart of an issue or problem and to provide rational judgements
- Good attention to detail, where quality and detail is essential
- Being able to adapt and respond well to change
- Good team working skills, where you will promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Good decision making and judgement skills, where you can make clear, timely and informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints and risks
Life in the team
Our Delivery function is made up of Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, Tests Analysts and Technical Project Managers. We work collaboratively on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change. We are a high functioning team and look to provide innovative, customer centric solutions for the business. We use the best methodology for the job in hand and will adapt to ensure the best business outcome whether through Agile, Kanban, sprint or waterfall.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive Motonovo Finance benefits package.
What does the process look like?
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our IT Software Change Manager to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Motonovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.