- Department / Function Regulatory Risk
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary up to £25,000
- Closing Date 21/10/2019
An exciting role has opened up within MotoNovo Finance. We are looking for a Corporate Governance Assistant to support the Corporate Governance Manager in embedding and managing the Corporate Governance framework across the business.
The successful candidate will be required to create Committee packs, agendas and act as Secretary for a number of sub-committees and be organised and able to prioritise tasks.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure Terms of Reference for each Committee are in place, appropriate, approved by the Chair and reviewed on a bi-annual basis
- Draft agendas as agreed by the Chair and distribute Committee papers
- Ensure that the reporting requirements for Aldermore Group are received in a timely manner
- Work with the Regulatory Risk Management Team to ensure that all Executive Reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Be responsible for the preparation of the executive reports for the Governance Committees
- Attend sub-committee meetings and act as Secretary, administering minutes and actions to the Committee members in a timely manner
- Attend Committee meetings where the CPM acts as Secretary in the event that the CPM is out of the business
- Maintain a register of the Governance structure, committees and membership
What will you need?
- Minute taking experience
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Experience in a highly technical administration role
- Good level of Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- To be able to cope well under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- To be able to communicate the stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in Financial Services
- Experience in Corporate Governance
Life on the team
You will form part of the newly established Legal and Governance department which is expected to grow over the next few months. You will be provided with 121 coaching and training by the Corporate Governance Manager throughout your training and beyond. The team are hardworking and focussed but also know when to take some time to reward themselves with team nights out, team lunches and other fun activities, all in addition to the wider business parties that take place.
There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
Hours of work will be Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00.
What does the process look like?
If successful at application stage you will be invited to complete a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a member of our Recruitment Team. This is a great opportunity for you to ask us any questions you have regarding the role, the company or the process! Following the telephone interview, if successful, we would look to invite you along to either an Assessment Centre or a 1st stage face to face interview which will include individual exercises and competency based interview questions.
If you have any questions on the above, please drop us an email or give us a call!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.