- Department / Function findandfundmycar.com
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary £40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
- Closing Date 30/08/2019
As more and more customers move their buying online, it is important to offer them not only a wide variety of purchase options, but the assurance of value and quality products too.
Our findandfundmycar.com platform offers a completely fresh approach to car buying and selling, providing the ultimate customer and dealer experience. This new venture brings dealers and MotoNovo Finance even closer, to ultimately increase the reach of dealer finance and offer customers an altogether better deal with that feel good car buying.
The Front End Developer is a new role within the findandfundmycar.com team. You will develop functional and appealing web applications. You will work independently and as part of multiple development and product teams, prioritising stakeholders and tasks to create innovative solutions to web design issues making our web applications both appealing and usable to the customer.
What you will be doing
- Build, maintain and improve accessible interfaces to cross-platform web applications
- Create reusable UX component libraries
- Contribute new code and features to existing builds
- Write and document clean, secure and well-tested code
- Follow usability and accessibility best practices and brand guidelines
- Optimise web applications for speed and SEO
- Measure and observe user behaviour to improve the design of an application
- Develop and maintain automated tests to support a continuous delivery process
- Provide last line support for production services - identifying, locating and fixing faults within SLA.
- Monitor website performance, ensuring traffic fluctuations related to usability are rectified
- Code review internally and externally developed software
- Providing technical advice to stakeholders and working extensively with Product Owners across the business
- Contribute towards the selection of appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively
- Build working products from requirements, wireframes, mock-ups and clickable prototype
What you need to know
- Strong knowledge of web development tools and programming languages
- Familiar with at least one high productivity IDE
- Strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards, practices and tools in frontend development.
- Excellent knowledge of cross-browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understands and implements design patterns
- Able to instrument UI with analytics to inform data-driven UX decisions
- Layout aesthetics
- User centred design
- Technical SEO
- Information Security
- Project Management
- Automation testing
- Performance testing
What you will need
- A curious mind for solving problems and providing creative and fresh ideas for solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner and the ability to build lasting relationships across the business and collaborate with a variety of people
- To be able to plan and organise well, with clear direction and an eye for detail
- Not be afraid of change and to be adaptable
- To have initiative and to be able to deliver results and solutions
Life in the team
The findandfundmycar.com team is made up of a support team, who specialise in ensuring the platform has quality used cars from trusted dealers and delivering excellent service to our dealers, customers and Team MotoNovo. We are also growing the team and recruiting for a Web Operations Manager and a Lead Integration Developer.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete an alignment call to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited to complete some online tests and receive an invite into our Head Office for a competency based interview and technical questions. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.