- Department / Function findandfundmycar.com
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary £45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
- Closing Date 30/08/2019
As more and more customers move their buying online, it is important to offer them not only a wide variety of purchase options, but the assurance of value and quality products too.
Our findandfundmycar.com platform offers a completely fresh approach to car buying and selling, providing the ultimate customer and dealer experience. This new venture brings dealers and MotoNovo Finance even closer, to ultimately increase the reach of dealer finance and offer customers an altogether better deal with that feel good car buying.
As the Lead Integration Developer you will be building and configuring robust, scalable API services to be surfaced by frontend UX/UI teams. You will ideally be proficient in a wide range of modern & legacy technical systems. You will provide designs, solutions and highly technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements.
What you will be doing
- Plan and lead development on sets of related stories for backend service layers
- Write and document clean, secure and well-tested code
- Take technical ownership of all the stages and iterations of software development projects
- Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- Follow and develop best practice guidelines
- Work with other disciplines (Product, UX, Architecture, Project Management and QA) to understand what needs to be built
- Provide last line support for production services - identifying, locating and fixing faults within SLA
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications
- Code review internally and externally developed software
- Coach and mentor others
- Providing technical advice to stakeholders
- Contribute towards the selection of appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively
- Create or design workable prototypes
- Support the test function
What you need to know
- Proven record of organising and tracking the progress of multiple projects across the software development lifecycle
- Distributed systems development
- Cloud development using AWS/Azure
- Experience of leading/mentoring other developers
- High productivity development process and its optimisation
- Strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices
- Able to coordinate build activities across systems and suppliers
- Understands frontend development tools and practices
- Understands how to undertake and support integration testing activities
- Understands and implements design patterns
- Solid understanding of;
- Information Security
- Project Management
- Availability & Capacity Management
- Automation testing
- Performance testing
What you will need
A curious mind for solving problems and providing creative and fresh ideas for solutions
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner and the ability to build lasting relationships across the business and collaborate with a variety of people
To be able to plan and organise well, with clear direction and an eye for detail
Not be afraid of change and to be adaptable
To have initiative and be able to deliver results and solutions
Life in the team
The findandfundmycar.com team is made up of a support team, who specialise in ensuring the platform has quality used cars from trusted dealers and delivering excellent service to our dealers, customers and Team MotoNovo. We are also growing the team and recruiting for a Web Operations Manager and a Front End Web Applications Developer.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete an alignment call to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited to complete some online tests and receive an invite into our Head Office for a competency based interview and technical questions. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.