- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive Salary
- Closing Date 11/10/2019
The IT Programme Management team is responsible for meeting the demands of the business for delivery of IT projects and change.
As a Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master working with both our in-house technology teams and 3rd party suppliers, you will deliver system changes/ IT work streams and projects in line with the priorities set by the business. You will manage delivery using agile frameworks such as SCRUM or Kanban, running ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, backlog refinement sprint planning and retrospectives and provide reports on progress.
What you will be doing
- Deliver technology projects or technology work streams in business change projects in line with the organisation’s change process
- In conjunction with the IT Programme Delivery Manager, work with the business to agree and understand the priority of change and manage the backlog
- Manage the end to end delivery of system changes from requirements definition/user story creation, through build, test and deployment
- Assist the team in removal of impediments to delivery
- Identify, track and manage progress, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and changes
- Plan and facilitate all necessary rituals such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives
- Report on progress to stakeholders and other relevant governance forums
- Work with the teams to improve the delivery process
What you need to know
- Certified Scrum Master
- Proven experience within an IT project management role with a focus on software applications/systems delivery
- Experience of management of 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Sound working knowledge of the project lifecycle including selection of appropriate methodologies and techniques for delivery both agile and waterfall
- Agile experience
What you will need
- A curious mind for solving problems and providing creative and fresh ideas for solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner and the ability to build lasting relationships across the business and collaborate with a variety of people
- To be able to plan and organise well, with clear direction and an eye for detail
- Not be afraid of change and to be comfortable in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience with project Management tools such as Jira and Confluence is essential
- Understanding of organisational transformation challenges and how to operate in this context
Life in the team
We are a small team of Technical Project Managers in an IT team of 50+ delivering a variety of projects and change. We are champions of a more agile way of working and we are leading the way in our organisation in implementing this and the tools to support more collaborative working across our IT teams. Our involvement in the complete delivery lifecycle enables us to build strong relationships across teams. We like to get things done, deliver value and embrace continual improvement.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our IT Programme Manager, to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited to complete some online tests and receive an invite into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.