- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Between £25,000 - £27,000 per annum depending on expereince
- Closing Date 27/07/2019
Our IT Service Desk Team is a key function within the IT Department and across the business. They are responsible for all IT services including, desk side support services, incident management, request fulfilment and access management.
As a Second Line Service Support Analyst you will support and administer the company Systems and Services through technical advice and guidance, maintenance and problem solving. You will ensure services meet standards for service provision and are delivered and maintained to the agreed Service Levels.
What you will be doing?
- You will offer 2nd line desk side and administrative support for the IT infrastructure; network and desktop environments including printing and telephony for all staff both field and office based
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day administration, maintenance and support of IT systems and Applications, collating system improvements and enhancements, testing and trouble shooting
- You will resolve issues over the phone with an aim for a first time fix, in order to provide excellent service
- Carry out monthly maintenance and patching of the desk top environment
- Installation of software and hardware in line with the company policies and procedures
- Provide on and off-site Disaster Recovery support for all internal systems and services
- Identify opportunities for improvements that will assist business users and escalate problems and issues through the change management process
- Undertake ad-hoc technical queries and project work; provide expertise and support to IT colleagues in the development, set-up and implementation of new and revised services in the MotoNovo Finance IT Infrastructure and desktop portfolio
- Assist with the identification of new technologies, processes or methodologies that will best meet organizational needs
- Create and maintain system, process and user documentation as required to enable support of the environment within the agreed Service Levels
What you will need?
- 2nd line experience in Windows 10 knowledge, group policies, Active Directory, Exchange, Patching, Virtualisation technology and experience of creating and deploying desk top images
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to provide new ideas
- Show excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to collaborate with others and explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Good attention to detail, where quality and detail is essential
- To be able to provide fresh ideas that provide solutions to challenges
- Be able to adapt and respond well to change
- Good team working skills, where you will promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Planning and organising skills that allow you to reach desired goals
Life in the team
Our Service Delivery team are collaborative and hard working. You could describe them as techies who love to solve problems!
As a 2nd Line Service Support Analyst you will have plenty of opportunities to identify improvements and come up with new ideas. We encourage thinking outside of the box attitudes. We are very busy here with a number of projects and new systems being introduced. This will give you a great opportunity to develop yourself and learn new skills. Our 2nd Line Service Support Analysts are proactive in their day to day work; they show incredible initiative and a strong understanding for 2nd line issues.
We recognise that personal development is important, so we offer opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive benefits package which can be explored further here.
What does the process look like?
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Head of Service Delivery and our 2nd Line Team Leader to discuss the role and your relevant 2nd line experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that MotoNovo reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining MotoNovo.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.