- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 2
- Salary Up to £30,000 per annum plus monthly bonus
- Closing Date 05/07/2019
The Collections department is ultimately responsible for the minimisation of bad debt and the support and guidance of our customers in financial difficulty. The team leader will support this aim by guiding the day to day operations of the collections team.
The Collections Team Leader will lead a team of approximately 10 agents within one of the most integral departments in MotoNovo Finance, assisting the Collections Operations Manager in the day to day operations of the department.
As a team leader within the department, you will lead, coach and inspire the agents whom you are responsible for. If you have experience in leading a team in a contact centre environment, are resilient and can recognise the importance of Treating Customers Fairly then this could be the role for you.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the collections team on a daily basis to achieve results
- Enhancing the Company’s reputation by delivering exceptional service and ensuring that a culture of Treating Customers Fairly is embedded within the Collections department and is compliant with the FCA regulations
- Delegating and overseeing work undertaken ensuring the collections activity is effective and that all administrative tasks are completed
- Coaching and developing your team
- Working as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department
- Deputising for the Collections Operations Manager during periods of absence
What you will need
- Collections Team Leader experience within a FCA regulated environment
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- To be able to adapt and cope in fast paced high pressured environment
- People management and people development skills
- To be enthusiastic and result driven
- To be confident in making decisions
Life in the team
Salary offered will be reflective of experience and relevant qualifications but can be up to £30,000 plus up to £300 monthly bonus.
Outside of this, there are numerous unique benefits such as breakfast mornings, seasonal bonuses and structured, formal training. There is also the very competitive Motonovo Finance benefits package which can be explored further here.
Hours of work will be between 08:00-19:00 Monday-Friday and 09:00-13:00 Saturdays (you will only work 1 in 5 Saturdays). Bank Holidays are classed as a working day in the department but there are extra financial incentives when these are worked.
What does the process look like?
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to complete a telephone interview where we will explore your experience and complete some interview questions. If successful after this stage you will be invited in to our Head Office, where you will complete a presentation and competency based interview questions. Don’t worry, you will be fully briefed on the presentation prior to your interview.
Upon starting, you will be put through a training programme that covers everything you need to make you a success in the team. There are opportunities for self-development and professional development, such as completing the Certificate in Consumer Debt Collection qualification (which we will pay for and even give you a bonus on completing).
During your first two weeks, it is important not to miss any days so we are quite restrictive of holidays during this period. If successful for a position be sure to let us know any holidays you have booked so we can accommodate them outside of this time.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that MotoNovo reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining MotoNovo.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.