- Department / Function Compliance
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary up to £32,000
- Closing Date 29/07/2019
Our Regulatory Risk & Compliance Team is made up of four sub teams:
- Advice and Guidance –providing daily advice and guidance to the business in relation to a wide variety of regulatory compliance matters.
- Compliance Controls –responsible for formal second-line regulatory controls monitoring of relevant business areas and assessing compliance with applicable regulation and legislation.
- Regulatory Change – scanning the horizon for emerging regulation and regulatory changes, involved in projects to provide guidance on regulatory matters, and liaising with regulators.
- Conduct Risk – assessing and advising the business on all conduct related matters.
The Compliance Risk Officer role will sit within the Advice and Guidance Team.
What will you be doing?
- Taking responsibility for compliance matters such as the approval of financial promotions, regulatory breach control etc.
- Providing a knowledgeable and comprehensive compliance advisory service to different stakeholders at different levels.
- Ensuring any regulatory breach is assessed and handled promptly and fairly.
- Ensuring internal regulatory risk reporting is completely accurately and in a timely fashion.
What will you need?
- Experience in a Compliance or risk-related role.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Relevant compliance/financial services qualifications (such as CII or ICA).
- To be a calm reflector who thinks things through first.
- To be articulate and professional.
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Compliance
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance
Life in the team
The Compliance Team are very hardworking but also know when to take some time to reward themselves with team nights out, going out for lunch, other fun activities, all in addition to the wider business parties that take place.
Full training will be provided when you start your new role and you can rely on your fellow colleagues for any support you may need. You also can expect external training opportunities to develop.
You will have clear objectives to work towards each year and providing these objectives are met and the business meets its own targets, you will be eligible for an annual company bonus.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
What does the process look like?
If you are successful at the application stage you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Once this is completed, you will be invited to our head office for an interview consisting of competency and technical questions and two role related exercises. If you have any questions or would like any further details about the assessment, please feel free to contact a member of our team!
If you are successful in joining MotoNovo, your time with us will start with our unique and insightful induction programme. In your two days with Alex (our induction champion) we can ensure you will gain a wealth of MotoNovo knowledge, build new relationships and have a fun filled start on your journey with us. You will then join your team and start with your training plan where you will be fully supported throughout your time with us.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Please be aware that you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK should you be successful in joining us.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.