- Department / Function Finance
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Up to £45,000 pa depending on experience plus annual bonus
- Closing Date 31/05/2019
Our Finance department is a hub for all monetary exchanges for the business. The team will assist all internal departments and investigate and resolve customer payment queries.
As the Financial & Regulatory Accountant you will be responsible for the production, reconciliation and reporting of MotoNovo Finance financial and regulatory information to the relevant bodies and stakeholders. You will be a key point of contact into the creation of MotoNovo Finance Limited statutory accounts. You will continuously develop financial information to allow a more granular reporting of performance and trends, and to provide more accurate and relevant reporting to the relevant stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the collation and submission of statutory and regulatory reporting information for inclusion in the wider group reporting requirements (including Bank of England, FCA, SARB)
- Respond to statutory and regulatory reporting queries from all recipients of the information – Aldermore, London Branch & FirstRand
- Responsible for the collation of relevant financial reporting data to ensure the timely distribution of financial MI to internal stakeholders, the wider Aldermore group & FirstRand
- Regularly review the style of the financial reporting MI to ensure it remains fit for purpose and evolves to meet the changing needs of the business
- Regularly review the financial & regulatory reporting output and process to ensure information submitted is timely, relevant and accurate
- Responsible for the review of month end data, and for compiling the commentary for the month end review meetings with Aldermore & FirstRand and to take the lead in meetings when presenting said commentary
- For all reporting requirements mentioned above, develop and maintain appropriate frameworks to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of such information
- Be a key point of contact at month end & year end for any financial & regulatory reporting queries
- A key point of contact for the year-end audit
- Be fully informed about the Group budgets and forecasts, incorporating them into the financial reporting where relevant. Coordinate the engagement with key stakeholders to ensure accountability of cost center owners and the promotion of ‘cost and budget awareness’
- Responsible for the completion of relevant monthly reconciliations owned within the Financial Reporting team. Coordinate the investigation and remediation of reconciling items in a timely manner
- Ensure systems integral to the functioning of the Financial Reporting team are maintained to the standard required. Liaise with I.T. or software providers to remedy any operational issues in this regard
What will you need?
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA)
- Experience in working in a finance and accounting role
- Key exposure to preparation of financial and regulatory reporting at month & year end
- Good level of communication, as this role will involve communication to relevant senior stakeholders
- To be able to make decisions and initiate actions
- To be able to follow instructions and procedures appropriately
- Strong planning and organising capabilities
- To be results focused and able to maintain high quality
- To be able to cope with pressures and setbacks
- To be able to analyse and interpret information and produce reports from the information
- To be able to apply your expertise and knowledge
Desirable - experience in or exposure to the preparation of statutory accounts.
Life in the team
Our team will be totally supportive of you, especially in your first few weeks. Our teams work extremely hard but we make sure the working environment is a fun place to be. Some days are busier than others as you would expect so it would be impossible to get everything done without our incredible team orientated environment.
There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What does the process look like?
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to come and meet with Neil our Finance Reporting Manager and Mark our Financial Reporting Accountant. There will be two stages to the interview process. The 1st interview will be around the initial meeting, which will consist of some interview questions. This will also be an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
If successful after this stage, we will invite you back in for the final interview. Here we will complete competency based interview questions and ask you to complete an exercise on preparing a report. You will then be asked to present the findings of the report to us.
We will work with you throughout the process to ensure timings/dates etc work for you and we will be as flexible as possible to facilitate this. We will also be just on the other end of the phone if you needed a chat!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates as we know that Diversity & Inclusion is integral to the success of the company and we are striving to build a company where everyone feels welcome and valued and where differences are embraced.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.