- Department / Function Marketing
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 07/05/2019
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Manager to develop and execute the user experience strategy and roadmap for our vehicle aggregator site findandfundmycar.com. The role will focus on optimising engagement and conversion of customers using our platform and maximising value and insight.
The role is a senior position reporting to the Head of Marketing with daily interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
Recognising that 90% of car buying journeys now start online, in January 2018 we launched our new vehicle aggregation platform findandfundmycar.com linking 2600 of our dealers and their 160K vehicles directly to 3m online buyers so far.
We started findandfundmycar.com to create a better car buying experience for both consumers and dealers alike. Through 2018/19, we have successfully completed a proof of concept with 74% of users saying they would recommend us. We are ready to move on to the next stage of site development. Our plan isn’t to simply stop there, but to keep developing it as we go continuously expanding and simplifying the proposition. The vision has always been to create a ‘feel good’ way of car buying that focuses on the needs of the car buyers enabling them to easily and confidently explore cars available where they live (and the rest of the UK) even if they don’t exactly know what they are looking for. They can get an idea of prices and the monthly cost of finance and then get in touch with our trusted dealer network to experience the car and ultimately drive away feeling good about the whole experience.
The findandfundmycar.com UX team will focus on making this journey simple, effective and innovative.
What you will be doing
- Providing deep, functional specialist expertise to optimise the platform whilst directing and mentoring a team of analysts to do the same
- Developing a UX strategy that aligns with MotoNovo and Aldermore Group strategy
- Developing and delivering user-functionality and utilising A/B testing to report on results and optimise user experience as per the product roadmap
- Supporting the product with robust MI provisions that includes site performance and UX metrics and using this data to inform financial business cases, media plans and the product roadmap
- Solving often highly complex processes with simple solutions
- Developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders covering various seniorities, specialisms and business areas, both internally and externally
- You will have a demonstrable track record of delivering UX change through cross functional teams and third parties
- You will have designed and delivered optimisation of UX
- Experience of mentoring and technically upskilling colleagues
- You will be able to deliver through change management governance
- Experience of managing roadmaps and backlogs for user-facing functionality
- You will have the acumen to build financial business cases and have the interpersonal skills to support these when needed
Life in the team
Salary offered will be discussed at an individual level but is extremely competitive and there is an annual performance related bonus available. There is also the very competitive MotoNovo benefits package which includes a generous pension and private healthcare which can be explored further here.
Outside of this, there will be numerous opportunities for personal and professional development through continued support in both formal and informal training and courses.
This is a 35 hour working week role but we would be happy to consider flexible working proposals.
Applicants will start to be informed if their application has been shortlisted week commencing the 29th of April. The interview process for this role is more in depth due to the seniority and importance of the position but we have tried to not make it overly demanding on your time. In brief, the process will involve a telephone interview, 2 face to face interviews and a set of psychometric assessments.
We will work with you throughout the process to ensure timings/dates etc work for you and we will be as flexible as possible to facilitate this. We will also be just on the other end of the phone if you needed a chat!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.