- Department / Function Marketing
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 07/05/2019
As we embark on a new and exciting phase of business growth and transformation in our market. we’re looking for an inspirational Senior Manager to lead and mentor our product and propositions team and to define and optimise the user experience for our millions of browsers, 480,000 customers and 3700 dealer partners. The role is a new senior position reporting to the Head of Marketing with daily interaction with the executive team and a multitude of stakeholders all based at 1 Central Square in Cardiff.
Our products are variants of Hire Purchase, Personal Contract Purchase and motor-related insurance for private and commercial cars, bikes and vans delivered through a number of digital tools and platforms linking us directly to our dealers. We also support businesses providing funding for our dealers and their commercial customers.
Buyers can obtain finance quotes from us whilst browsing dealer websites, sign up for our finance paperlessly in showrooms or at home later and then monitor and track their car loan accounts using our service app.
In 2018, recognising that 90% of car buying journeys now start online, we also launched our new vehicle aggregation platform findandfundmycar.com linking 2600 of our dealers and their 160K vehicles directly to 2.5m online buyers so far.
The Product team plays a pivotal role managing the development of all these existing products and platforms, whilst scanning for new opportunities. Our aim is to take dealer finance from niche to mainstream through great propositions, competitive pricing and helpful tools making life easy for customers and dealers alike.
What you will be doing
- Building, leading and mentoring our product management team
- Developing processes and ways of working to optimise team effectiveness
- Engaging with stakeholders to define and track divisional product development strategies
- Defining and executing the product roadmaps for our products and systems
- Providing a regular Product MI dashboard
- Collaborating with change teams, C-Suite Executives and departmental heads
- Managing key relationships with third party suppliers
- Developing Product Marketing plans with marketing peers
- Conducting annual strategic product reviews for all financial products
- You have strong experience of leading multiple Product Management teams within a financial services environment or similarly complex sector
- You can inspire, motivate and coach a technical team to succeed and are a natural communicator, able to readily share your expertise and knowledge
- You’ve a passion for designing and optimising great user experiences
- You’re commercial and ready to build strong business cases to support proposals
- You’re at ease with managing roadmaps and backlogs for user-facing functionality using data to support your decisions
- You’ve a great track record delivering change through cross-functional teams & third parties
- You’re excited about what we are doing here at MotoNovo to disrupt and grow our market
Life in the team
Salary offered will be discussed at an individual level but is extremely competitive and there is an annual performance related bonus available. There is also the very competitive MotoNovo benefits package which includes a generous pension and private healthcare which can be explored further here.
Outside of this, there will be numerous opportunities for personal and professional development through continued support in both formal and informal training and courses.
This is a 35 hour working week role but we would be happy to consider flexible working proposals.
Applicants will start to be informed if their application has been shortlisted week commencing the 29th of April. The interview process for this role is more in depth due to the seniority and importance of the position but we have tried to not make it overly demanding on your time. In brief, the process will involve a telephone interview, 2 face to face interviews and a set of psychometric assessments.
We will work with you throughout the process to ensure timings/dates etc work for you and we will be as flexible as possible to facilitate this. We will also be just on the other end of the phone if you needed a chat!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.