- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Between £20,000 and £23,000 per annum
- Closing Date 03/05/2019
Our IT Service Desk Team is a key function within the IT Department and across the business. They are responsible for all IT services including, desk side support services, incident management, request fulfilment and access management.
Due to internal progression, we are now looking for a Service Desk Analyst. You will be supporting the business by resolving issues and completing requests in a timely manner. You will aim to resolve issues over the phone and face to face by ensuring a great service is provided to your internal customers.
What you will be doing?
- Provide technical and functional support for conferencing facilities and desktop environment, resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems and liaising with other teams and third parties to ensure proper implementation of solutions
- Working closely with other IT teams such as Infrastructure, IT Security, Development and Business Application teams ensuring issues are escalated to the relevant teams
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible
- Carry out installation of IT equipment, user administration, employee inductions and IT training for new employees
- Installation and maintenance of all IT hardware and accompanying equipment, track stock levels and recommend purchases to Line Management
- Provide Hardware and Software support for all meeting spaces and Desktop environments including Audio Visual, ClickShare, conferencing equipment, Telephony and Printing
- Installation of software and hardware in line with policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvements that will assist business users and escalate problems and issues through the change management process
- Create user guides and training documentation
What you will need?
- Experience within an IT support role
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to provide new ideas
- Show excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to collaborate with others and explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Good attention to detail, where quality and detail is essential
- To be able to provide fresh ideas that provides solutions to challenges
- Be able to adapt and respond well to change
- Good team working skills, where you will promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Planning and organising skills that allow you to reach desired goals
Life in the team
Our Service Delivery team are collaborative and hard working. You could describe them as 'techies' who love to solve problems!
As a Service Desk Analyst you will have plenty of opportunities to identify improvements and come up with new ideas. We encourage thinking outside of the box attitudes. We are very busy here with a number of projects and new systems being introduced. This will give you a great opportunity to develop yourself and learn new skills.
We recognise that personal development is important, so we offer opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive benefits package which can be explored further here.
What does the process look like?
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Head of Service Delivery and our 1st line Team Leader to discuss the role. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by the Recruitment team.