- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Up to £45,000 pa depending on experience plus annual bonus
- Closing Date 15/03/2019
The Infrastructure Team are responsible for the design, confidentiality, integrity, availability and maintenance of the organisations infrastructure services, applications and information.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a fully integrated, secure and cost effective Infrastructure environment, through the provision of technical advice and guidance, maintenance and problem solving. You will ensure IT services meet standards for service provision, and are delivered and maintained to the agreed Service Levels.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure and systems.
What you will be doing
- Provide support at all levels, resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems and liaising with other teams and third parties to ensure proper implementation of solutions (in accordance with agreed Change Management procedures).
- Monitor services in order to identify both current and potential incidents, and assist in the resumption of services in a timely and responsive manner. Undertake monitoring of systems performance, reliability and integrity by completing routine and prescribed checks on all infrastructure and operating systems. Where issues are identified, analyse risks and report to line manager, making appropriate recommendations for remedial action.
- Provide out-of-hours emergency support for all MotoNovo Finance systems on a rota basis. Routine preventative maintenance tasks and out of hours change to be performed monthly as required. Overtime to be paid in exceptional circumstances in line with company standards.
- Contribute to the maintenance of technical Disaster Recovery plans, participating in scheduled agreed recovery tests, to ensure MotoNovo is positioned to enable speedy restoration of all Production services and to be available in the event of an invocation.
- Undertake ad-hoc technical queries and project work; provide expertise and support to IT colleagues in the development, set-up and implementation of new and revised services in the MotoNovo Finance IT portfolio.
- Proactively monitor attempted intrusions, virus threats, security risks, performance and growth of systems, highlighting and/or implementing areas for change and/or improvements, which will ensure Service Levels are achieved.
- Provide input to the planning, development and implementation of projects to ensure solutions are secure, operable and supportable, delivered to specification, within budget and to the agreed timescales whilst ensuring customer satisfaction, value for money and effective handover to support.
- Create and maintain processes, documentation, scripts, standards and inventory as required to enable support of the environment within the agreed Service Levels.
What you will need
- Experience within an Infrastructure and technical support function
- Technical knowledge in Windows (ALL versions), VMWare ESX v6.x, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, UNIX/ Linux, Terminal Services, McAfee, Cisco UCS, Veeam, F5, Mobile Device Management (Mobile Iron), Avaya, SUN Hardware, NetApp SAN, Voice and Data Networks (LAN/WAN) Cisco, DHCP and DNS, IIS, Apache, AWS/Microsoft O365
Who you will need to be
- A passionate person, with a clear focus on delivering results
- A people person, who enjoys building lasting relationships
- A good communicator who finds it easy to talk to others at any level and explain complex concepts in a clear and simple manner
- Good attention to detail and a drive to understand technical problems and provide solutions for them
- An adaptable person who is able to work well under pressure
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
What we would like
Experience in Database (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL), Scripting, Infrastructure Security (Proxy, Firewall, VPN) Networking protocols, security techniques, JIRA/Confluence. ITIL foundation
Life in the team
Our Infrastructure team is hardworking and focused on delivering solutions to their internal customers across the business. They have an excellent eye for detail and natural drive to investigate and understand an issue. The team works openly and collaboratively whilst sharing best practice.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to firstly complete an online exercise. Following this we will then arrange a call with our Lead Infrastructure Engineer Chris, to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.