- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and bonus
- Closing Date 15/03/2019
The Application Delivery team are responsible for application changes throughout the business and as such shape the business outcomes needed to make MotoNovo Finance a success. This team forms a part of the wider delivery function within the Technology function.
The Application Development Manager will be the driving force behind the design and development of the core applications for Motonovo Finance. It’s a role that requires strong technical knowledge; project management, a desire to lead people and a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve the (sometimes) impossible!
What you will be doing
- Be responsible for multiple components of the development life cycle, including system analysis, application development and implementation and quality assurance spanning both custom and package technologies
- You will provide overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers
- Review system development life cycle project requests and coordinates schedules and related departmental activities to ensure projects are aligned with company standards and the wider IT strategy
What you will need
- Extensive knowledge and experience with system analysis and deployment of applications with a strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
- The ability to recognise system deficiencies and implement effective solutions spanning both custom and packaged technologies
- Have systems analytical skills to transform innovative and creative solutions into functional systems
- Have a clear understanding in computer hardware technology and its limitations as well as the analysis, design and development techniques to develop and implement software applications (Full SDLC skill set)
- To have a strong functional understanding of the systems supported and the development framework for customisation
- To have a good understanding of software security and application performance best practices
- To have a good understanding of testing and testing life cycles in an IT environment
Who you will need to be
- A passionate person, with a clear focus on delivering results
- A people person, who enjoys building lasting relationships
- A good communicator who finds it easy to talk to others at any level and explain complex concepts in a clear and simple manner
- Curious with an eye for the small details and a drive for solving problems in different ways
- A well organised person, with the ability to provide clear direction to others
- An open and enthusiastic attitude, who is adaptable to change
What we would like
- Experience in project management in an IT environment
- Experience working in a 24 x 7 high availability environment with strong customer and result orientation
- Experience in management of third party vendors and suppliers
- ITIL Methodology
- Business Analysis
- System Design
- Financial services industry
Life in the team
You will work alongside our Lead Systems Analysts and collaborate with the Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, Test Analysts and Technical Project Managers on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change.
Our Delivery function is a high functioning team and look to provide innovative, customer centric solutions for the business. We use the best methodology for the job in hand and will adapt to ensure the best business outcome whether through Agile, Kanban, sprint or waterfall.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Head of Application Delivery to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
Salary offered will be reflective of experience and relevant knowledge.
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.