- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive salary plus benefits and bonus
- Closing Date 15/03/2019
The Delivery Function is responsible for delivering technology changes throughout the business and as such shape the core business outcomes to make MotoNovo Finance a success.
The Test Manager is a new role created to support a highly ambitious change agenda and a highly functioning IT department. The successful candidate will be a driving force in the successful delivery of small and large scale change, drive performance within the Test function and play a vocal and influential role in the future shape of Delivery within the business. Managing a small but well drilled testing team, the Test Manager will drive innovation, challenge existing processes, increase testing capability and influence the quality of products delivered to our customers.
What you will be doing
- Provide leadership and direction to the Test Function
- Identify and meet demand for testing within the Change agenda
- Define and maintain test strategies and plans
- Allocate testing resource pro-actively within the Change portfolio and ensure skills/ expertise are in place to ensure successful delivery and within agreed timescales and to the highest of quality
- Drive and contribute to the continual improvement of testing team and its methods
- Develop and implement improved work practices including the development of automated testing strategies
- Promoting and enforcing the effective use of Test processes and tooling within the team; proactively recommending improvements and new approaches `
- Understanding of the Company’s IT systems, products, services, and business processes in order to provide a knowledgeable service at all times
- Recognize and recommend improvements to services and products offered by the IT department
What you need to know
- Proven experience within a testing function
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent relationship management experience
- Excellent people management skills and experience
What you will need
- A strong passion for testing and a focus on delivery of results
- A curious mind for solving problems and providing creative and fresh ideas for solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner and the ability to build lasting relationships across the business and collaborate with a variety of people
- To be able to plan and organise well, with clear direction and an eye for detail
- Not be afraid of change, we are very busy here with a number of projects, so be able to adapt to change is essential
- To be able to build lasting relationships across the business and collaborate well with others
Life in the team
Our Delivery function is made up of Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, Tests Analysts and Technical Project Managers. You will collaborate with the whole function on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change.
We are a high functioning team and look to provide innovative, customer centric solutions for the business. We use the best methodology for the job in hand and will adapt to ensure the best business outcome whether through Agile, Kanban, sprint or waterfall.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome; here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also our very competitive benefits package which can be explored further on our 'Working Here' page.
What the process looks like
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Head of Application Delivery to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
Salary offered will be reflective of experience and relevant knowledge.
If successful you will need to provide Proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencing your employment. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.