- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive Salary
- Closing Date 28/02/2019
The Application Delivery team are responsible for application changes throughout the business and as such shape the business outcomes needed to make MotoNovo Finance a success. This team forms a part of the wider delivery function within the Technology function.
The Systems Analyst is an essential role here at MotoNovo. They are accountable for the analysis and improvement of our core systems and beyond. They define functional requirements, create innovative solution design and drive the implementation, configuration and maintenance of 3rd party and custom applications. They take ownership of the change and are involved from the very first conversation to the final key stroke of delivery.
What you will be doing?
- You will undertake analysis of system requirements, identifying and addressing any relevant problems.
- You will work alongside the Testing function to ensure systems are tested and solutions are delivered to a high standard.
- Provide technical and functional support for the business application portfolio, resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems and working with other teams and third parties to drive the implementation of robust and innovative solutions.
- Partner with the business customers, understanding their processes, reviewing business requirements and converting those requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Define, prioritize and execute application enhancements and projects.
- Provide the developers with the clarification and support on all business and functional requirements and specifications related to the applications.
- Proactively input to the planning, development and implementation of projects, gathering user requirements, analysing and producing reports and recommendations.
- Support the Release Management process, testing and troubleshooting system upgrades and maintenance, including user training support to the business.
- Configuration and customizations of core 3rd party and custom applications and business rules.
- Ownership of the creation and maintenance of the system, process and user documentation as required to enable support of the environment within the agreed Service Levels, undertaking feasibility reports as required.
What you will need
- Proof of Right to work in the UK
- A restless curiosity
- Proven Systems Analyst experience
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Experience and working knowledge of T-SQL, XML and Web Services
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to provide new ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to collaborate with others and explain technical concepts in a more simple and logical manner
- Analysing and interpreting skills, that enables you to interpret information, get to the heart of an issue or problem and to provide rational judgements
- Good attention to detail, where quality and detail is essential
- Being able to adapt and respond well to change
- Good team working skills, where you will promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Good decision making and judgement skills, where you can make clear, timely and informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints and risks
Life in the team
Our Delivery function is made up of Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, Tests Analysts and Technical Project Managers. We work collaboratively on projects across the business, sharing best practice, knowledge and gaining insight into the end to end delivery of Technology change. We are a high functioning team and look to provide innovative, customer centric solutions for the business. We use the best methodology for the job in hand and will adapt to ensure the best business outcome whether through Agile, Kanban, sprint or waterfall.
We don’t just focus on the business outcome, here at MotoNovo Finance we recognise the importance of personal and professional development, so we offer great and frequent opportunities for learning and development. There is also the very competitive Motonovo Finance benefits package which can be explored further here.
What does the process look like?
If successful at the application stage, we will invite you to complete a call with our Head of Application Delivery to discuss the role and your relevant experience. Don’t worry this is an opportunity for you to ask us questions too!
Following this, you may be invited into our Head Office for a competency based interview. If this goes well we will be asking you to join the team!
Salary offered will be reflective of experience and relevant knowledge.
We are committed to equal opportunities.
Please be aware that MotoNovo Finance reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.