- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff City Centre
- Number of roles available 4
- Salary £18500 to £28,000 plus monthly bonus up to £350
- Closing Date 01/03/2019
The Collections department is responsible for helping our customers who may find themselves in arrears or facing difficulty with their finance agreement. The department has a huge impact on the success of Motonovo Finance and so we are on the lookout for those who can make a difference, to join us.
Negotiation and problem solving will be essential in order to come to the best resolution for the customer and the company.
What will you be doing?
- Having, sometimes difficult, conversations with our customers, being the first port of call for those in financial difficulty
- Negotiating with customers that are in arrears for repayment of balances or looking at alternative ideas for a resolution
- Using your initiative to recommend the best course of action after internal procedures have been exhausted
- Adhering to ours and regulatory policies to ensure that at all times, at all stages, our customers are treated fairly and fair customer outcomes are achieved
- Demonstrating a pro-active, inquisitive and problem-solving nature to assist our customers in vulnerable and often complex situations
After the above has been demonstrated there will be numerous options and encouragement to explore other areas in collections, assist with projects, create and drive initiatives and create a career that utilises your skills.
Life in the team
Salary offered will be reflective of experience and relevant qualifications but can be up to £28,000 plus up to £350 monthly bonus. The good news is that everyone will have the opportunity to work up to the top end salary through being signed off competencies and achieving their Certificate in Consumer Debt Collection qualification (which we will pay for).
Outside of this, there are numerous unique benefits such as breakfast mornings, seasonal bonuses and structured, formal training. There is also the very competitive Motonovo Finance benefits package which can be explored further here.
Hours of work will be between 08:00-19:00 Monday-Thursday, 08:00-18:00 Friday and 09:00-13:00 Saturdays (you will only work 1 in 4 Saturdays).
There are both full-time and part-time vacancies available.
What does the process look like?
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to our Head Office for a competency-based interview with a member of the recruitment team and a collections manager. Interviews for this role are ongoing and we will work with you to ensure the interview time works for you. If this goes well you will be invited to join the team!
Upon starting, you will be put through a training programme that covers everything you need to make you a success in the team. Don’t worry, we are not fans of making people run before they can walk so we will make sure you are comfortable and equipped before you tackle your first call alongside one of our experienced staff. Training periods are often more restrictive on holidays to ensure nothing essential is missed so please let us know anything you have booked at the interview stage so we can be sure to accommodate.
We are committed to equal opportunities.