- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 31/08/2022
Job title: Service Support Analyst (1st Line)
Location: Please note this role will be based in our Cardiff office
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
The IT Support Desk team covers both 1st and 2nd line IT issues covering hardware and software tickets. Due to a recent restructure and promotions across the IT support function this has led to growth within the 1st line team and a need to recruit for this role
The role of Service Desk Analyst (1st Line) is really important to us. You will be the first point of contact for business users to engage with from the technology division, you will need gather the required information in a professional, reassuring manner.
This role will be based in our Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Be the first point of contact for MotoNovo Finance Colleagues for IT requests and incidents by being available on the phones, picking up tickets generated in a dedicated Service Desk portal or in person at the Cardiff office.
- Be calm and patient on the phones, utilising strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills to achieve a positive customer outcome and experience.
- Investigate IT incidents and aim to resolve customer issues first time (First-Time Fix) or within the Service Level Agreement time period.
- Produce clear and concise technical triage notes within ticket records, ensuring on-hold rules are used correctly and tickets are continually updated and managed efficiently.
- Provide initial technical triage and support for complex incidents, requests and major incidents and pass to the appropriate team. Liaising with other teams and third-party suppliers to ensure ticket resolution
What do we expect of you?
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills experience
- Worked in a professional office environment
- Examples of acting in a calming, reassuring manner when under pressure
- Understanding or willingness to learn IT technologies.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.