This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Finance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 10/08/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
This second line of defence role is established to support the design and implementation of the anti-financial crime framework, and to provide Group-wide oversight and challenge of financial crime risks, providing expert knowledge and guidance to business units and group functions on all elements of financial crime risk. To take responsibility for Financial Crime issues, investigating Financial Crime Risk Events, identifying fraud trends and typologies, conducting detailed root-cause analysis, and the production of Management Information. Providing recommendations to the Financial Crime Manager for the implementation of controls and optimization of rule sets to mitigate identified risks, in line with the FC Risk Appetite
The role of 2nd Line Financial Crime Technical Specialist is really important to us.
This role can be based in our Manchester, Wilmslow or Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Support the identification of and analysis of new Financial Crime legislation and regulations
- Support the oversight and monitoring of relevant business area’s adherence to the financial crime risk framework via assurance reviews
- Provide a knowledgeable and comprehensive advisory service to the, Financial Crime Managers, and Business Areas when assessing, reviewing, and making recommendations.
- The investigation of Financial Crime Risk Events, conducting root-cause analysis to establish the breakdown in controls, and identify underlying FC Trends and Typologies.
- Providing feed back to the business for continuous improvement, minimizing the financial impact to the business, and recommendations for the implementation of controls to mitigate the risks identified.
- Support the maintenance of the FC Risk Framework (policies and control standards), to help ensure it is regularly updated to reflect the current Financial Crime risks identified, providing recommendations for change to the Financial Crime Manager.
- To provide additional support analysis of the performance of ML/Fraud Prevention systems, assisting the optimization of all FC systems’ rule sets in line with the FC Risk Appetite, so that financial crime is identified and prevented at the point of application and ongoing, whilst false positive matches are minimized
Skills & Experience
- Fraud, AML / CTF, and sanctions investigation and oversight experience in a multi-product business.
- Knowledge of ABC risks and the controls required to mitigate the risks.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work independently, and self-motivated with good attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness of one or more of the businesses within the Group and good judgement and decision making skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience preparing and presenting training material.
- Strong system knowledge and ability to test functionality from an FC perspective.
- Good technical knowledge of FCA handbook, ML Regulations, JMLSG, and other regulatory matters.
- Knowledge of Hunter/SIRA/CIFAS and other industry fraud prevention systems.
- Analytical, with an aptitude for problem solving.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.