- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 24/07/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
An IT Support Desk team cover both 1st and 2nd line IT issues covering hardware and software tickets. Due to a recent restructure across the IT support function this has led to need to grow the 2nd line capabilities due to recent promotions
The role of Service Support Analyst 2nd line is really important to us. You will be providing support to business users across the group to identify and resolve IT quires covering applications, hardware and desktop issues in a professional and timely manner.
This role will be based in our Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Providing technical and functional support for the Infrastructure and Desktop environments, resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems
- Liaising with other teams and third parties to ensure proper implementation of solutions
- Installation of software and hardware in line with Motonovo policies and procedures
- Provide on and off-site Disaster Recovery support for all MotoNovo's systems and services
- Provide on-site support for assets such as; building and configuring devices, collecting, organising and provisioning returned equipment, decommissioning assets.
- Undertake technical queries and support project work.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience within a Service Desk/2nd Line Support function providing administrative support for the IT infrastructure, network and desktop environments
- Experience with Windows (Windows 10), Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite, Avaya.
- Experience with patching, AD and WDS
- Experience with deployment of applications
- Experience within Microsoft 365 (desirable)
- Experience in Asset Management
- Excellent organisation and planning skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on your own
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.