- Department / Function Collections
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 01/06/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
Our Collections Training Team is responsible for educating and developing collections colleagues across Motor (Cardiff), Mortgages (Manchester) and Asset Finance (Reading) departments both remotely and face-to-face. Travel is therefore necessary from time to time.
The role of Collections Coach is really important to us. You will assist with the on-going coaching, training & development of staff within the Group Collections function ensuring training & development delivered in Collections is successfully translated from theory into practice with an objective assessment of staff competency.
This role will be based in our Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week and due to the nature of the role Travel to other office locations i.e Reading and Manchester will be required. You will be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Assist internal and external Trainers in the delivery of training sessions as and when required
- Work in partnership with Collections Managers and Team Leaders to create and deliver a departmental coaching plan that takes into consideration new training delivered as well as existing day-to-day reviews of performance. Assist with the completion of staff training/coaching needs analysis
- Ensure quality is accurately measured and reported to relevant parties
- Assist the Team Leaders with coaching the team on a 1-1 basis or in groups, giving feedback, call listening, account reviews, side by side etc. Develop and maintain a coaching approach that helps deliver a fair customer outcome
- Escalate any identified risks or breaches of policy, process, law or regulation, work in partnership with the Collections management team to address and drive improvement/mitigation of risk
- Ensure any changes to procedures that have been implemented and trained are covered in the coaching sessions
- Work with the Trainers to support the Induction of new starters and the Graduation Bay process
- Deliver coaching to a high professional standard whilst promoting and embedding company culture
- Ensure all regulatory & legal requirements are understood and included in coaching plans
- Stay updated and support changes or amendments to E-Learning modules
What do we expect of you?
- Previous coaching experience – be able to demonstrate using your skills to help others improve their own performance
- Excellent communication skills
- A clear understanding of regulatory requirements
- Product knowledge
- Proven ability within the collections environment
- A desire to develop individuals
- System expertise
- Strong ability to challenge and influence
- Effective time management
- The ability to develop and motivate staff
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.