- Department / Function Underwriting
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 26/05/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
As an Underwriter, you will provide support to our dealerships and customers by manually reviewing and processing finance applications, whilst interacting with many other internal departments on a daily basis. This role is very important to us, with an excellent eye for detail, you will play a vital role in welcoming customers to the business.
This role will be based in our Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Underwriting new business applications against an established criteria
- Assessing all new applications in line with risk policies
- Working in conjunction with our sales team to identify and resolve any challenges in relation to decisions or appeals
- Taking incoming calls from our customers and dealerships to assist them with any queries
- Ensuring all relevant checks are completed accurately before underwriting the application
What do we expect of you?
- To be an experienced Underwriter and familiar with working towards SLA’s or targets
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- To be optimistic and proactive when solving problems or complex queries
- To be an ambassador for delivering a first-class customer service
- Experience within the motor finance industry would be desirable
- To have an understanding or exposure of fraud prevention would be desirable
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.