- Department / Function IT
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 25/02/2022
Heard of us?
We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing independent finance companies; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The role of Service Support Analyst (2nd line) is really important to us. You will be joining us on a permanent contract to support and administer MotoNovo's Systems and Services through the provision of technical advice and guidance, maintenance and problem solving within agreed SLA’s.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Head Office, in the heart of Cardiff City Centre. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Jack Anderson, 2nd line Team Leader and colleagues, through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Provide technical and functional support for the Infrastructure and Desktop environments, resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems and liaising with other teams and third parties to ensure proper implementation of solutions (in accordance with agreed Change Management procedures).
- Perform monthly maintenance and patching of the desktop environment
- Installation of software and hardware in line with Motonovo policies and procedures
- Provide on and off-site Disaster Recovery support for all MotoNovo's systems and services
- Provide on-site support for assets such as; building and configuring devices, collecting, organising and provisioning returned equipment, decommissioning assets, managing assets via CMDB and completing regular stock checks.
- Undertake ad-hoc technical queries and project work; provide expertise and support to IT colleagues in the development, set-up and implementation of new and revised services in the MotoNovo Finance IT Infrastructure and desktop portfolio.
- Provide management information as requested. Have a sound understanding of all systems used to enhance the business activities, ensuring these are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.) as advised by Line Management and gain up to date knowledge of industry trends.
- Ensure that all system-based records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner (and ensure that data integrity is maintained at all times) as prescribed by regulatory, legislative and company procedures.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience within a Service Desk/2nd Line Support function providing administrative support for the IT infrastructure, network and desktop environments
- Experience with Windows (Windows 10), Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite, Avaya.
- Knowledge of Group Policies
- Experience with patching, AD and WDS
- Experience with packaging and deployment of applications
- Experience within Microsoft 365 (desirable)
- Experience in Asset Management
- Excellent organisation and planning skills and the ability to work as part of a team
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
MotoNovo Finance forms an integral part of Aldermore Group, having been brought together with Aldermore Bank, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. Thousands of customers choose MotoNovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
MotoNovo Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by MotoNovo Finance will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by Recruitment.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.