- Department / Function Broker Management
- Location Manchester
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 28/01/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
You will be part of an exciting, ambitious team who have delivered several years of tremendous results and a reputation for a forward-thinking, positive culture. You will become part of a team who passionately challenge and support each other to grow and develop, allowing you to bring your authentic, true self to work and build a fantastic career.
The role of a Broker Development Manager is really important to us. You will acquire, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing Brokers to identity and maximise profitable sales opportunities.
This role will be field based, with the majority of our Brokers being based in the North. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction. Our Head Office is based in Cardiff, South Wales where you will have occasional visits for team meetings or business events.
What would your day look like?
- Acquiring, developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing Brokers
- Overseeing the risk and reward structure for a portfolio of clients
- Organise, host and network client events to build first-class relationships
- Planning and implementing an effective sales development strategy for the territory
- Support and act as Consultant in providing training/coaching/guidance to Brokers (regulatory/sales process)
- Generating new and creative ideas and tactical plans to win new business
- Be able to hold successful meetings via various channels e.g. face-to-face, Teams, WebEx etc.
- This role will require a lot of travel, typically three out of five days each week will be on the road visiting Brokers and clients
What do we expect of you?
- Working experience within the Motor Finance industry is essential
- To be able to self-motivate especially when working remotely
- The drive to succeed and a natural flare for building relationships at all levels
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Sound communication, presenting and negotiation skills at all management levels within a business
- A proactive approach with a consistently strong work ethic
- The ability to show resilience in challenging situations
- A passion for driving a positive work culture
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.