This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
- Department / Function Dealer Services
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 07/01/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose
Feel like being part of…
Our Talented team of first line Financial Crime Investigators, ensuring the prevention and investigation of financial crime is conducted to the highest standards, in-line with the Group Financial Crime Risk appetite.
The role of Fraud and AML Team Leader is really important to us. You will proactively assist the Fraud and AML Manager in supporting and motivating our team of investigators.
This role will be based in our Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Leading the Fraud and AML teams, ensuring they conduct investigations of Impersonation Fraud, Application Fraud and Theft, compiling evidence, submitting witness statements and presenting exhibits to the NaVCIS Vehicle Fraud Unit and the Police. To liaise with Police Constabularies, Port Authorities and Interpol to assist in the investigation of suspects and the recovery of assets. To represent the company at court as a witness to convey witness statement evidence. To act with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity to maintain the company reputation.
- Working as part of a team – supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business, ensuring departmental business hours are fully resourced. Carrying out one to one reviews, annual and mid year performance reviews as well as completing probation reviews.
- Providing advice and support to the Fraud and AML teams as necessary, resolving day to day issues raised by team members and external and internal teams within the business.
- Identifying development and training needs based on performance and taking ownership of the delivery of appropriate training and report any issues to the Fraud and AML Manager.
- Ensuring the team identify and investigate Fraud Prevention intelligence on all finance applications, conducting in-depth investigations in accordance with SIRA, Hunter and CIFAS rules, and contacting relevant third parties to establish the nature of the warning, where necessary, providing New Business Operations with the investigation outcome in a prompt timely manner. Where fraudulent activity is identified to file with SIRA and CIFAS databases in accordance with SIRA and CIFAS rules and company procedures.
- Reviewing appeals and escalations from the business in relation to SIRA, CIFAS and NaVCIS decisions. Ensuring responses are conducted in a prompt and professional manner.
- Ensuring the team identify and investigate all Suspicious Activity, reporting and documenting to the National Crime Agency (NCA) and escalating to the Financial Crime Risk Team where appropriate, in compliance with reglations and company procedures.
What do we expect of you?
- Leading a team – managing KPIs etc
- Confident and experienced in financial services
- Knowledge of relevant financial services regulation and legislation
- Knowledge of SIRA and CIFAS desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing and challenging skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Strong investigation skills
- Demonstrates ethical behaviours and working as part of a team
What can you expect of us?
A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.