- Department / Function Quality Assurance
- Location Cardiff
- Number of roles available 1
- Salary Competitive
- Closing Date 28/01/2022
Let us tell you a bit about us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
The QA Department provides an independent quality assessment of the work undertaken by a wide range of customer and dealer facing operational teams including Collections, Complaints, Customer Service, Sales and Underwriting.
The role of Quality Assurance Specialist specialising within Financial Crime is brand new and you will work within our risk-based QA Framework to provide our stakeholders and senior management team with evidence and assurance that our operational areas are effectively working to flag and mitigate Financial Crime.
This role will be based in our Cardiff office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Quality Assess and provide subject matter expertise to financial crime investigators undertaking complex money laundering referrals, such as suspicious Activity Reports, from the motor business, and relating to different customer types across a range of products.
- Quality Assess and Support the Financial Crime team in disclosures to relevant authorities and agencies following approval from the Bank’s Nominated Officer and / or 2nd line delegates along with acting as a subject matter expert for the first-line Fraud and AML Team, guiding and advising the investigators on complex cases and completing this task.
- Quality Assess and oversee fraud and anti- money laundering referrals via critical AML and Fraud systems referrals - such as Hunter, CIFAS, OWS, and Worldcheck - Assessing for correct outcomes and feeding back appropriately areas of concern.
- Conduct Quality Assurance reviews on the completed transaction monitoring reports for suspicious activity along with acting as a subject matter expert and supporting investigators fulfilling their duties.
- As required work with law enforcement, and national agencies to limit fraudulent activity across MNF, providing accurate information, supporting documents and analysis of any suspicious activity. In addition conduct Quality Assurance reviews on this work for the Fraud and AML Team.
- Work within the Money Laundering framework particularly with respect to tipping off and failure to report.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries providing guidance to the business and support the upskilling of the Fraud and AML Team.
- Provide oversight support to the first-line Fraud & AML Manager, providing key updates in relation to the current Quality Assurance work, feedback and the repair of incorrect cases and any known or emerging risks/trends.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience in a financial crime prevention role
- Confident and experienced in financial services
- Knowledge of relevant banking regulation and legislation
- Knowledge of Hunter and CIFAS desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing and challenging skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
- And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.